Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus ST-62 Neck Pocket Specs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bt123
Plucker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Bacchus ST-62 Neck Pocket Specs? Reply with quote

Hello everyone. This is my first post.

I've been hit by the MIJ bug and have been looking hard at the Bacchus ST-62 and ST-54 models. Does anyone know if they use the standard Fender neck pocket specifications, so that replacement necks from Warmoth or USACG will fit?

I would like to keep the original neck pristine for investment purposes, and also prefer larger neck profiles, flatter radius, bigger frets ets. Thanks.
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems rather silly to buy a decent Strat and then replace the neck - why not just get a body of your choice to go with the Warmoth neck that you seem to prefer?

Mike
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't think the neck will appreciate like a real 54 Strat neck from an investment perspective. Besides the body is going to take more of a beating than the neck.

I've never played one but I'm thinking that the Bacchus is great right out of the box. You can always put bigger fret wire in it.
andyscott
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a comfortable Mexi Fender neck in my BST62, it's flatter and has bigger frets, but it just killed the guitar and made me appreciate Bacchus all the more. Snug fit though so you should have no problems with Fender spec necks.
throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently purchased a few years old Bacchus BST-62 and it originally has 9,5 radius neck with one of the nicest rosewood fretboards I have ever touched. Fantastic guitar with a fantastic neck.
bt123
Plucker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll give the stock neck a try and see how it goes. It's good to know that if necessary I can replace it.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll post pics. of what I end up with.

Cheers
stratman323

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a policy on this forum of not tolerating cruelty to nice guitars.

So be nice to the Bacchus. Amputation of the neck counts as cruelty.

JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm the Bachhus neck pockets are standard fender specs, I got a 12" profile neck with jumbo frets from Axesrus in the uk and the it was perfect.

I've swapped it back to the original now though.
bt123
Plucker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't see the harm in trying a different neck. It's a bolt on. You can always put the original neck back on.

Again, thanks for all the replies. I don't know where else I could get this detailed info.

Cheers
QuattroSte
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2008 BST 62 with a curly maple neck and sweet brazilian rosewood fretboard.

I'd be surprised if you felt the need to replace the neck on a Bacchus. Extraordinary guitars.
tudor
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG ... why shouldn't he replace a neck ???

When I've got my MIJ Fender ST-54 DMC ...

I was overstrained at first with the V-neck, because I was used to use a slim 60's neck ...
It took a while to cope with it, but in the meantime I'd purchased a Fender Dlxe neck for the case that I couldn't sort it out and had put it on that guitar-body ...

... looked like BS ... so I'd replaced it again and got used to it ...
Funny - when I've built my Franken-Strat with the slim Dlxe neck there was a change to the opposite ... I'm happy now with both of them ...

Roger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: