GoldStar sound, S/N starts with F

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oceait

Reaction score
I just got this guitar, a burst GoldStar sounds. The body looks a bit thick for a strat, and the guitar is pretty heavy. The S/N begins with F, is this a MIJ instrument?
NOTE: the S/N is F0102035. Is there a way to tell if the guitar is a Japanese model or Korean? I thought the guitar would be more like a Fender if MIJ, but this one appears kinda klunky, I don't know..I liked the Tokais I played in the mid 80s but this one is definately different..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oceait on 2001-10-12 21:32 ]</font>

On 2001-10-04 06:39, oceait wrote:
I just got this guitar, a burst GoldStar sounds. The body looks a bit thick for a strat, and the guitar is pretty heavy. The S/N begins with F, is this a MIJ instrument?
NOTE: the S/N is F0102035. Is there a way to tell if the guitar is a Japanese model or Korean? I thought the guitar would be more like a Fender if MIJ, but this one appears kinda klunky, I don't know..I liked the Tokais I played in the mid 80s but this one is definately different..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: oceait on 2001-10-12 21:32 ]</font>

Oceait, I to, just bought a Tokai with the f
serial number F0601008. the guitar was described as being a new design, the body is a little thicker, but I like it. The tone of this guitar is really great, very nice resonance to them. I get a perfect SRV tone with my rat pedal and fender princeton reverb tube amp. I wonder if the pick up routes are individual routes or the so called swimming pool route, oceait, do you know, have you removed your pickguard and peaked in there?
If you do ket me know.

These are made in Korea, I know this for sure.
but the koreans do good work, so I wouldnt be concerned to much. Overall I like the guitar very much.

Zenman

Oceait

I couldnt stand it any longer, so i took off the screws on one side if the pickguard and the pickups, and looked under, it does have the individual routes as apposed to those swimming pool routes, fender and G&L have used. Makes me like it even that much more now.

good luck

Zenman

Yes, I took a look in there as well. I think the guitar sounds OK, wouldn't mind a stacked humbucker tho if I end up keeping the guitar. The finish on the neck is going to have to come off tho, way too thick for my taste. I got the guitar on auction and was under the impression it was MIJ, but I guess not. Live and Learn!

Latest posts

Back