Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1992 Orville by Gibson in MINT condition for sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joop
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: 1992 Orville by Gibson in MINT condition for sale Reply with quote

Hi, I may decide to sell my "museum piece" which is an immaculate Orville by Gibson 1992 Terada made cherry sunburst Les Paul. I have just bought a tobacco burst ObG and that is my preferred colour. Also, the cherry one is in such mint condition that I prefer not to play it. There is not a single scratch, or ding on it!

I don't know about the type of finish or the exact type of PU's (how do you know they are '59 classics??) but the sound is great and with quite a warm sound.

Price? Well, because of its condition it will not come cheap. I am thinking of around Pds. 1,000 European shipping and gigbag included. But then again, I don't think that you will find another 1992 guitar that is in such a condition as mine is. It is not near mint, it is mint, full stop!

I must say that for some strange reason the guitar came to me (from Japan) with different Gibson PU's and I put in the PU's of a 1994 Orville by Gibson but I don't know what Gibson PU's they are, I only know the guitar that they came from was in original state when I bought it.

I would include pictures but I don't know how to upload them here. Perhaps I will become a member of photo bucket and then I can send you the link. In the mean time, I can send pictures to an email address, so if you send me a PM with your email address, I can send you some pictures.

There is no guarantee that I won't change my mind and keep it, because it is in such a fine condition, but I await your reactions.

Regards,

Joop
Joop
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Correction!! Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Well, I just went over the guitar with a fine comb and to my dismay I have discovered that there is a 2-3mm blemmish on the head stock and a few pin head markings which make the guitar a near mint condition and not mint.

Hence the price will be Pds 950 but I am extremely critical here (concerning the pin head markings, I doubt if other people would even mention them). Still a wonderful example...

But I am a higly critical person when it come to guitars and when people call something mint, it should be 100% perfect, not 99%.

Regards,

Joop
marcusnieman
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have Photobucket, then you can post pictures here. Just copy the image code and paste it right into your forum message. That's it.

Nice write up but a picture is worth a thousand words
Joop
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Photo bucket Reply with quote

Hi, Marcus,

Sorry, but I am not a member yet but I will organise this at some stage. In the mean time, I have already received PM's with email addresses and I have sent off the pictures.

If you're seriously interested, all you need to do is send a PM.

Regards,

Joop
Joop
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Orville by Gibson for sale Reply with quote

Hi,

The guitar is now on ebay, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=280276549225

It is probably one of nicest guitars out there.

If you want more info, please send me a private message.

Regards,

Joop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Orville All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: