putting my Tokai babies on Ebay (sigh)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillRockwell

Reaction score
I've decided to sell my guitars because I just don't play them anymore. Fact is, I never got good at guitar, despite starting at 14. Anyway, here's what I'm about to part with: a very gently used metallic blue 1985 AST56 with case and whammy bar, virtually new, and a mid-80's Hard Puncher bass, barely used, no case.
I haven't written up the listings yet, so maybe you all could suggest important info to include. I'll post the links here when the listings are up.

Okay I have the AST 56 listed. Here is the link.

EDIT: somehow the listing came down. I'll link to it once it gets sorted out.

Apparently the listing got pulled by Ebay because I used the term "like new". Today I'll have to rewrite the whole thing and re-post pictures.

WillRockwell said:
Apparently the listing got pulled by Ebay because I used the term "like new". Today I'll have to rewrite the whole thing and re-post pictures.

"Like New"......what the hell's wrong with that? If you mentioned FENDER anywhere, that's more suspect.

marcusnieman said:
WillRockwell said:

"Like New"......what the hell's wrong with that? If you mentioned FENDER anywhere, that's more suspect.

You got me worried, so I spoke with Ebay live chat. According to them, the word that got me in trouble was "replica". Go figure. We'll see if the listing stays up with that offending word changed to "copy".

marcusnieman said:

You got me worried, so I spoke with Ebay live chat. According to them, the word that got me in trouble was "replica". Go figure. We'll see if the listing stays up with that offending word changed to "copy".

WillRockwell said:
marcusnieman said:

That's ridiculous. What word do they want you to use - was"copy"
their idea? Isn't a replica a copy? I hate eBay

marcusnieman said:
That's ridiculous. What word do they want you to use - was"copy"
their idea? Isn't a replica a copy? I hate eBay

It's been pulled again. I'll have to wait for them to tell me what the problem is.

If you post a draft of the ad on here, maybe one of us can work what the apparent problem is.

Mike

Ebay are a law unto themselves when it comes to this sort of thing.

Just list it as what it is, and avoid any reference to what it's a copy of.

Anyone who seriously wants one will know what it is anyway.

Goestoeleven said:
Ebay are a law unto themselves when it comes to this sort of thing.

Just list it as what it is, and avoid any reference to what it's a copy of.

Anyone who seriously wants one will know what it is anyway.

That's what I wound up doing, and it seems to be staying in place. Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170268348523&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

I got the bass listed as well, here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170268583644

and here are pictures of the guitar and bass

P1010030-1.jpg

P1010040.jpg

I just finished round 5 with ebay- listing this guitar >>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230296188061&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=013

bottom line to fleabay is if you call it a copy/clone/replica and name a Trade marked Brand like Gibson --if and only if some dick reports you fleaby will remove the auction

ochay said:
I just finished round 5 with ebay- listing this guitar >>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=230296188061&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=013

bottom line to fleabay is if you call it a copy/clone/replica and name a Trade marked Brand like Gibson --if and only if some dick reports you fleaby will remove the auction

Yeah, there are spies out there.

Personally, I would ban all adverts where the seller abuses the word "lawsuit". :evil:

Well I'm pleased with the results so far. Even without mentioning the verbotten word Stratocaster, I've got 47 watchers for the guitar and 30 for the bass. I think Tokai instruments have finally gotten the respect they deserve.

I've used the synonymous term 'close' or 'equal to the original' ... that had worked ... :wink:
Don't use the brand names ... 8)
Roger

Fleabay pulled my auction again-B4 I could repost again I had to take a Tutorial-Here was one of the lessons>>

"Brand name owners are justifiably concerned about how and where their names are used. If you had done the work to create a recognizable brand, you wouldn't want other people taking advantage of your reputation. eBay has developed some basic guidelines for how sellers can compare their products to brand names. First, you should never compare an item to a brand name item in the listing title. Second, you can accurately compare your item's performance (but not its appearance) to a trademarked item in the listing description."

Guess what "Les Paul" is a trade mark ....
Gibson is a Brand ......
Remember eBay doesn't actively pull auctions- Someone has to report this to eBay and then they will yank it-

Latest posts

Back