1990 Fernandes '62 Tele Reissue

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL, that's exactly what I thought. Any best-guess as to what model # it might be? Any tips on what I should look for? I don't really know a lot about Fernandes.

magentaplacenta said:
LOL, that's exactly what I thought. Any best-guess as to what model # it might be? Any tips on what I should look for? I don't really know a lot about Fernandes.

Me either. I know Fernandes Revival guitars are pretty good. Prince plays an old Revival 52 style Tele with a tortoise pickguard (in the back of my mind, I thing it might have been a Hohner or something) - think it was (is) his number 1 guitar....before all the curly ones came along.

Shame the link has died. Fernandes stuff is generally comparable in quality to Tokai Goldstars, but a bit more variable, from my limited experience. All Tokai Japan stuff is made by Tokai - Fernandes don't make their own stuff, so a guitar could have been made by one of several manufacturers - including Tokai!

Prince's Tele was a Hohner, I believe. I think he had more than one - probably not a great strain on his bank account!

Mike

You're right Mike, Princes tele is a Hohner, and I agree, Fernandes Revivals are pretty much the same as Tokai quality and you can sometimes pick them up a bit cheaper than the Tokai equivalents.

i have 1 Fern strat (btw, BEST strat i ever played/owned!!!!!!....and i have had prob 15 USA fender strats and 20+ MIMs and MIJ's...and still have 5)

i also have 4 fern teles, and they're comparable to ANY tele on the market

but i'd still love more info on them!

Latest posts

Back