Bacchus ST-62 Neck Pocket Specs?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bt123

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first post.

I've been hit by the MIJ bug and have been looking hard at the Bacchus ST-62 and ST-54 models. Does anyone know if they use the standard Fender neck pocket specifications, so that replacement necks from Warmoth or USACG will fit?

I would like to keep the original neck pristine for investment purposes, and also prefer larger neck profiles, flatter radius, bigger frets ets. Thanks.

It seems rather silly to buy a decent Strat and then replace the neck - why not just get a body of your choice to go with the Warmoth neck that you seem to prefer?

Mike

Yeah, I don't think the neck will appreciate like a real 54 Strat neck from an investment perspective. Besides the body is going to take more of a beating than the neck.

I've never played one but I'm thinking that the Bacchus is great right out of the box. You can always put bigger fret wire in it.

I tried a comfortable Mexi Fender neck in my BST62, it's flatter and has bigger frets, but it just killed the guitar and made me appreciate Bacchus all the more. Snug fit though so you should have no problems with Fender spec necks.

I recently purchased a few years old Bacchus BST-62 and it originally has 9,5 radius neck with one of the nicest rosewood fretboards I have ever touched. Fantastic guitar with a fantastic neck. :p

I'll give the stock neck a try and see how it goes. It's good to know that if necessary I can replace it.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll post pics. of what I end up with.

Cheers

We have a policy on this forum of not tolerating cruelty to nice guitars. :wink:

So be nice to the Bacchus. Amputation of the neck counts as cruelty.

8)

Just to confirm the Bachhus neck pockets are standard fender specs, I got a 12" profile neck with jumbo frets from Axesrus in the uk and the it was perfect.

I've swapped it back to the original now though.

I honestly don't see the harm in trying a different neck. It's a bolt on. You can always put the original neck back on.

Again, thanks for all the replies. I don't know where else I could get this detailed info.

Cheers

I have a 2008 BST 62 with a curly maple neck and sweet brazilian rosewood fretboard.

I'd be surprised if you felt the need to replace the neck on a Bacchus. Extraordinary guitars.

OMG ... why shouldn't he replace a neck ???

When I've got my MIJ Fender ST-54 DMC ...

Fendermaple.jpg

I was overstrained at first with the V-neck, because I was used to use a slim 60's neck ...
It took a while to cope with it, but in the meantime I'd purchased a Fender Dlxe neck for the case that I couldn't sort it out and had put it on that guitar-body ...

Fenderrose1.jpg

... looked like BS ... so I'd replaced it again and got used to it ...
Funny - when I've built my Franken-Strat with the slim Dlxe neck there was a change to the opposite ... I'm happy now with both of them ...

1.jpg

Roger

Back