My new Greco

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi972

Reaction score
Greco?s got new owner... me. :D
It has some scratches but hey... how much money some people pay for relic models! Price paid 800?.

The Pickups are Dry 1982, long tenon neck, no fret bindings, number L831038... It?s a rock machine. Better than many higher priced Gibsons.
I?ve had EL maya MIJ guitar before and I must say that Japanese workmanship is on high level. The sound of MIJ guitar are just astonishing.
I never heard Dry Z pickups but Dry 1982 pickups sounds good to me. Early Rush sound on the spot. With Mesa Boogie Mark II simulation on my POD I can get very close to that fat Warren Haynes Gov?t Mule sound.
The previous owner Diodibuh said that it?s an EG58-120 or RR65 model.
He could?n tell for sure wich model is it. I really don?t care a lot, ?cause guitar sounds really amazing. Japanese guitars rules.

greco-008w.jpg

greco-005w.jpg

greco-006w.jpg

greco-002w.jpg

Dry 1982 would make that an RR-65 model (Randy Rhoads replica)
Very nice catch! Congrats.

I think the knobs have been changed, they are different to the ones i have seen and on my RR-65, also the toggle surround should be cream, apart from that it looks like an RR-65 to me.. :wink:

Mick

Agree.. my RR-65 had gold speed knobs and a creme toggle surround too. Those parts look to be the correct age for the 1983 manufacture year though. I guess sometimes Fujigen would use whatever they had on hand. That guitar looks great. Dry 1982 are great sounding pickups.

EGC 58-100 on villager site has different knobs but also pickups.
If my guitar really is a Randy Rhoads model, than I?m glad, ?cause I really like Randy.

EGC 58-100

That guitar on Villagers site is a RR-65, not a egc 58-100 or an egc 1000, it is identical to mine, and i'm also sure all "58-100's" were black.The catalogues i have say they only come in "EB" finish. The only Mint collection cream LP's that had the cream toggle surround, dry 1982 pickups and gold speed knobs were the RR-65 or the tremolo fitted RR-95, the RR-55 was almost the same but it had "screamin" pickups. I have informed Villager of this in a previous post and it should have been changed on his site.

Mick

Update, there is also an EG-650 that is exactly the same as the RR-65, same dry-1982 pickups, cream toggle surround and all other specs are the same. Also all custom models that were in the "100" models {mint collection} had "groove" pickups, the EGC-100 only came in black {ebony}and had "groove" pickups, there was no cream or white egc-100.
greco-lp-wh-02.jpg

greco-lp-wh-09.jpg

greco-lp-wh-017.jpg

greco-lp-wh-020.jpg

greco-lp-wh-022.jpg

Hope this clears things up.

Mick

Back