Arguably the best pickups ever made...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blake375

Reaction score
...well you can argue anything I suppose.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1979-Strat-St...39:1|66:2|65:10|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Grey bobbin, but no stamp and no stagger. Anyone know what these are? I would've thought the seller would give a bit more info about the world's greatest pickups. Although it is from 'east cost custom shop', Jesus-loving JV breakers. They seem to do the guitar equivalent of buying antique books to break them up and sell on the colour plates... sad. :cry:

No idea what that's out of. The pickups in the JV Strat I used to own had white and black fabric leads though. And they were wax dipped.

To be honest I get so tired of all this "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome when it comes to pickups.

Buying these will not turn you into Stevie Ray Vaughan! I use Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro II's in my Strat and I still can't play like Mark Knopfler.
My Lace Sensor equipped Clapton Strat hasn't made me sound like EC either.

There's more to tone than a pickup. There's a lifetime of developing your own style!

So, Tokai made the JV Strats in 1979 did they? Well, you learn something new every day don't you?

:eek: :-?

Mike

its very misleading, he sells everything marked ''JV'' meaning ''Japan Vintage'' NOT Fender JV and a lot of the stuff doesnt have the normal markings one would expect from the title.....

Back