Navigator Strats?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krank

Reaction score
I'm going to try one out tomorrow as a possible trade. Guy can't tell me anything except it's a strat model with the number 23-05-91 in the neck.

I know Navigators are the cream of the crop in terms of MIJ Les Paul-type guitars, but I haven't ever played one.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

To my recollection, they have two models - a 50's swamp ash version with a maple board V neck and a 60's alder with a rosewood board u neck. Think the pickups are different on each version.

Krank said:
I know Navigators are the cream of the crop in terms of MIJ Les Paul-type guitars, but I haven't ever played one.

Their prices are as well 'cream of the crop' ...
If I'd have the funds I'd buy one ...
http://www.j-guitar.com/sp/sea/view_detail/s10452353.html

I'm happy with my MIJ Fender ... for less than $900 ...
Fendermaple.jpg

... but perhaps the Hunduran Rosewood will make the tonal differences ... :wink: :wink: 8) 8)

Roger

prices on the used market here for Navigators is ballpark for what some of you guys pay for your old Grecos and Tokais...sometimes ...less.
My high end Seymour Duncans were made by ESP and I`b bet by the same people making the Navigators. Workmanship is as good as it gets, quality of parts, fit and fihish too. Leo would certainly be proud and F/USA could relearn a thing or two they seem to have forgotten. The Navigators and the Duncans I saw side by side looked like twins.

Navigators are really great guitars,I?m talking about recent 2000s ones,they are my best Fender style guitars no doubt. Prices have increasing very much brand new,100.000 yen no more no less....Go for them.

Just took my Navigator NST-300M yesterday and that one is the greatest strato ?54 style I?ve ever met,fantastic guitar,highly recomended with a Van Zandt really close.Grab any if you are able to find them! Expensive guitars altough.

Latest posts

Back