LS100 custom red on craig list

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveDoG

Reaction score
http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/830196566.html I am assuming this is the Yankee dating system so it was posted a couple o f days ago not in June...

Here is the current E-Bay listing ..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110287385171&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

I do believe this is the 3rd time it has been on after it failed to meet the reserve price... Also this time the Seller has removed all the talk of Billy Gibbons importing this guitar with a batch of others... Also..... Where is the flame top that is stated in the listing?... :-?

I'd like to own that one. It looks great and it has an interesting story, although it's a bit strange that it has disappeared from the description. The red is very nice!

It's the usual case of a seller wanting too much money and being too optimistic from the start.

In the US month comes before day.

Houston is the home of Robin Guitars and there was always a good supply of Tokai's at Rockin' Robin (store front on Sheppard and 59 for Robin). So good Tokai's in Houston are probably not that rare compared to other Texas cities.

ned said:
In the US month comes before day.

Houston is the home of Robin Guitars and there was always a good supply of Tokai's at Rockin' Robin (store front on Sheppard and 59 for Robin). So good Tokai's in Houston are probably not that rare compared to other Texas cities.

Yeah, I pop in there periodically when I'm in Houston for work. Saw a few that I liked but never bought any because they were asking way more than I'd be willing to pay.

Pawn shops (particularly in the outlying cities of Houston, Austin and Dallas) are also worth checking out.

If I remember correctly, I sold that Red one and a couple other Tokai Les Pauls to Buck Becker-a few years ago-
If that one was mine the 3way switch and wiring to the circuit board was replaced-

ochay Said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I remember correctly, I sold that Red one and a couple other Tokai Les Pauls to Buck Becker-a few years ago-
If that one was mine the 3way switch and wiring to the circuit board was replaced-

Is there anyway you can verify this with Buck .. as the seller claims that Billy Gibbons imported this particular guitar from Japan.... best,... Cliff

Back