Tokai Custom Edition

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgeucihtnairk

Reaction score
I'm new in this forum, so hello everybody!!!

I bought a Tokai Custom Edition from a japanese dealer this year and I'm wondering about two things.
1. Where is it made?
2. Do you think it's a good guitar?
It's made in 1986 has a Ayers Rocker V tremolo, locking nuts, rosewood fingerboard, HSS setup, one volume and one tone knob. The finish of the guitar is white and shimmering green/purple a little bit.

Thanks a lot for your replies and sorry if my english isn't perfect. I'm from Germany.

(Can anyone tell me how to upload pictures from my computer? Maybe that would help a little...) :-?

Best regards
Carsten

i found it now :)
maybe with two pictures it's easier to tell me something about this guitar

img8323he2.jpg

img8330kz0.jpg

Hi Carsten,
I have had one of these for about 15 years. The best thing (as with all Tokais) is just how good it is to play, and how good it sounds.

I have an Epiphone SG as well, given to me by my son when he went USA Fender, and its nowhere near as much fun to play as the Tokai.

I am currently trying to sell mine, as it is a pretty heavy (as in weight !) guitar and I could do with something a bit lighter.

I took the Floyd Rose off (and the locking nuts) for quite a few years, and it was still very good to play.

Enjoy it.

Regards

Simon

I'm pretty sure anything from the 80s is Japanese. Not sure when Tokai started to get stuff made in Korea, but I think it was some time in the 90s.

Mike

If you have a look back through the topics or have a search for custom edition you will find a thread I started for a guitar like yours although being red in colour, as I had the same query. My machine heads also say made in japan on them.

Colin

oooh that's nice, as most people know now I'm a bit of a fan of the custom editions. Definitely Jap made Ayers Rocker V on these models is standard most of the ones I've seen also have L. White pickups though, what do yours sound like?
I would say you have a fine guitar there perfect for that rock sound.

I have the L White pups on my one, sounds absolutley fantastic, bridges the gap between my LP and my strat with it having the humbucker getting a good high gain rock sound then just as easy getting the twangy strat sound. Im sure this guy will have lots of fun with his white custom edition.

I like that! 8)

When I first started playing I really wanted a white Ibanez Roadstar 440. Very similar set-up to this edition by the look if things.

Still want one as it happens! Have to keep checking Fleabay. :lol:

Latest posts

Back