Bacchus?59 clone

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
leadguitar_323 said:
More to the point.....who cares.... :wink:

Mick

I agree! I'd give my left nut for a bacchus les paul like the one in this thread, fret-edge binding or not.

simply stunning - congrats.

How's she sound?

TONE REPORT PLEASE!!!!!!!

I am thrilled about this guitar, it is, as can be seen on the pictures extremely well built guitar. It has by far the "deepest", longest sustain of all guitars "of similar design" :evil: I have had the pleasure to play. It has rich harmonics and you can squeeze out these wonderful overtones if you dig into the strings :p

The pickups are so good that I have not bothered to try out my set of SD Seth Lovers. I will probably stick the SD?s in one day to compare. I am old fashioned and it always takes some time for me to get used to a new guitar, the weight the style the controls e.t.c. It is NOT difficult with this one though, I somehow bonded to it right away :p

youami said:
http://www.provide.net/~cfh/lpsun.html

Interesting, if you follow this link you can see this picture that shows the relationship between the bridge and the volume knobs on an original 1956-1960 Les Paul.
Bridgerelationshiptoknobs.jpg

Here is a picture that shows the relationship between the bridge and the volume knobs on my Bacchus:
Bridge3.jpg

It is vital in IMO that this relationship is right for guitar of this design to adjust and work properly.

I QUOTE DIRECTLY FROM THE LINK ABOVE: Since the late 1970s, Gibson has made many reissue Les Paul Standards which look very much like the original 1958, 1959, 1960 Les Paul Standard model. So how do you tell the difference? One easy way is by the positioning of the stop tailpiece. Gibson has never gotten this right on any of their reissue Les Pauls. On a 1956 to 1960 Les Paul with a stop tailpiece, if you run an imaginary line from the center of the Low-E tailpiece stud through the center of the High-E tailpiece stud and continue that line, the line will touch the north edge of the Neck volume knob and the south edge of the Bridge volume knob. On reissues the line through the center of the tailpiece studs runs right into the Neck volume knob (the line is no where near the Bridge volume knob). END OF QUOTE

Never really looked into Bacchus guitars, but when I saw how stunning OPs was, I got on to eBay and found this beauty:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320295018586

Is this a good buy for someone looking for a good alternative to a Gibson, at a better price?
Seems it's about 750 bucks off new price, and I don't really mind the wear, it would look like that after a week in my posession anyway. =p

I was going for something cheaper, but that's a great price for one of those, isn't it?
I liked the looks aswell, natural+gold hardware and knobs kinda "spoke to me".
Also like the fact that the seller is forum member, makes me think he's genuinly interested, and not some guy making money off the interest in japanese guitars.

Looks like it has a nice long tenon (very snug fit, although it doesn't go all the way down), nice thick maple top etc.
How are the pickups and electronics (pots etc) in these? I'm looking for the typical 60's sound, going to be using it with a 18w clone.
I know pickups etc are easy to change, and I do know how, but I'd rather not have to.

Quote from the seller - hisashi:

If you are particularly concerned about guitar condition, please DO NOT bid on my auctions

Since you have made a huge fuss about a dodgy $5 volume pot on your recent Springy purchase, I think he means you, Innos.

It looks lovely!! If you 're going to buy it make sure you are aware of any issued like fret wear etc before you do.

stratman323 said:
Quote from the seller - hisashi:

If you are particularly concerned about guitar condition, please DO NOT bid on my auctions

Since you have made a huge fuss about a dodgy $5 volume pot on your recent Springy purchase, I think he means you, Innos.
Thanks for bringing that up...

throstur said:
It is vital in IMO that this relationship is right for guitar of this design to adjust and work properly.

Another completely ridiculous statement, on the heels of your "vintage Gibsons have no binding nibs" silliness. It's just plain wrong.

A guitar can "adjust and work properly" with many tailpiece locations, including jazz guitars with floating tailpieces, flying v guitars with string through body tailpiece anchors, etc.

Owning a recent Bacchus doesn't give you any special knowledge on vintage guitars.

Nani said:
Another completely ridiculous statement, on the heels of your "vintage Gibsons have no binding nibs" silliness. It's just plain wrong. A guitar can "adjust and work properly" with many tailpiece locations, including jazz guitars with floating tailpieces, flying v guitars with string through body tailpiece anchors, etc. Owning a recent Bacchus doesn't give you any special knowledge on vintage guitars.

You are right Nani. I am not an expert on vintage guitars. However I have set up, repaired and restored hundreds of guitars, archtops, solid bodies, acoustics, you name it, most of them have been 20 to 50 years old. I am also an easy going and nice guy and a very good guitar player.

It is my personal opinion that you are a real pain in the *** Nani. I doubt that you own or play guitar at all. You seem to thrive on bitterness and envy. You probably don?t understand words like: joy, happiness, fun, nice, agree e.t.c.

Old Trafford? Probably some kind of an institution. Nice of the board to give the inmates access to computers and the Internet, but a bad thing when one of them starts abusing this privilege.

One bad apple can destroy all the healthy apples in a basket. You are obviously the bad apple on this Forum. To all other members that read this I say: Ignore this guy. I know I will from now on.

On second thought, your Bacchus was made by magical elves in exactly the same fashion as a '59 burst, in the only way a guitar can correctly be constructed to work.

It is a very lucky thing your stoptail is angled because if it wasn't, you'd have to throw it on the heap with the other hundreds of thousands of guitars with straight stoptails that don't work properly. Burn them all I say! Only Bacchus with no fret nibs and laminated top is the exact replica of the '59 burst, right down to identical layout of the factory coffee machine.

I eagerly await further wisdom from your vast guitar experience. What other magic does the Bacchus hold, pray tell?

Nani said:
Another completely ridiculous statement, on the heels of your "vintage Gibsons have no binding nibs" silliness.

Why is this silliness? Where's your evidence that all vintage Gibsons had binding nibs?

Jeez you're a dumba** Nani!

Nani said:
I eagerly await further wisdom from your vast guitar experience. What other magic does the Bacchus hold, pray tell?

Dude, what's crawled up your *** with all of these ********, smart assed replies? Why all the piss and vinegar? Give it a rest, huh? If you don't like what you read here, take a fucking walk.

The internet is full of hero's and Nani is another prime example, i would love to have one of your petty conversations in person mate , i can guarantee it wouldn't last as long as this dribble. It is quite obvious you know sweet f*%k all about anything and no one gives a **** about your opinion and all you are doing is reinforcing what everyone already knows, your are a clown!!!! :evil:

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
all you are doing is reinforcing what everyone already knows, your are a clown!!!! :evil:

Mick

Yet again Mick, me old mate, I have to disagree with you. Clowns are funny. Nani isn't. He's just someone who wants to spoil the nice, easy going atmosphere we have here.

I think throstur summed it all up beautifully.

The Australians are always so lovely to be around. Another tough guy!

Let's just let all these ridiculous honeymoon-guitar-purchase "facts" slide and have a big perfect burst clone party for the Bacchus.

The fact that you are actually asking for proof that vintage Les Pauls has binding nibs shows that you aren't that familiar with what you are talking about. Shouldn't you have looked into some of these issues before declaring the Bacchus the perfect identical clone?

leadguitar_323 said:
The internet is full of hero's and Nani is another prime example, i would love to have one of your petty conversations in person mate , i can guarantee it wouldn't last as long as this dribble. It is quite obvious you know sweet f*%k all about anything and no one gives a ^&*( about your opinion and all you are doing is reinforcing what everyone already knows, your are a clown!!!! :evil:

Mick

Nani, in case you hadn't noticed the converstaion moved on quite some time ago from " are Bacchus a perfect clone" to "what the hell is up with your attitude" . This is a discussion forum, people 'discuss' things, you can correct someones opinion without shooting them down in flames and being obnoxious

JohnA said:
This is a discussion forum, people 'discuss' things, you can correct someones opinion without shooting them down in flames and being obnoxious

The rest of us can - the trouble is that this prat can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back