Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bacchus?59 clone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other
View previous topic :: View next topic  
throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent the pictures to Mister Aki Shiokawa at Deviser and just got a very interesting letter from him. See below:

2008/9/1 Aki Shiokawa 塩川彰規 (Deviser) <aki-shiokawa@deviser.co.jp>
Dear Mr.Throstur Ingolfur Vidisson,
Thank you very much for your enquiry.
I am glad to hear that you like the guitar.
Your guitar looks like BLS-59V HCS, not BLS-120.
I can not track it by the serial number because back then
we do not keep the record of of serial numbers.
But, we are selling this model between November 1997 to July 1999.
Should you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Best regards,
Aki Shiokawa
Deviser Co. Ltd.
7072-6 Sasaga, Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan
Mail: aki-shiokawa@deviser.co.jp
Web site: http://www.deviser.co.jp
Tel: 81-263-26-8798
Fax: 81-263-26-8324
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so, you received some info from Deviser

did you get around to checking for any pot codes?
it's an easy check .............................

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes... HCS? Sounds close to Heritage Cherry Sunburst, doesn?t it? I will check pot dates tomorrow. Cheers!
throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took off the cover and found out that the pots have no date. They are big and all of them stamped with ink "Made in Japan" and "500K". Nothing else.

When I bought it, it was said to be a BLS-120 from around 2000, and now Aki Shiokawa at Deviser tells me that it is called Bacchus 59V HCS from between 1997 -1999.

Not that it really matters. It?s a fantastic guitar and a keeper, for very decent money. Maybe I?ll start up a new thread one day and ask for information and options on this. It?s always fun to try to find out about things like that
hisashi0731
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLS-95 1995-1997 not Log tenon
BLS-59V 1997-1999 Gibson head
BLS-120 2000-2003 The tip of the head is round
BLS-59 2003-2004? Lacquer

Last edited by hisashi0731 on Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
hisashi0731
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLS-59V Honduras Mahogany?
(Many guitars which I watched)
MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hisashi, the Bacchus BLS that I purchased from you had a long tenon, correct Gibson style head stock, 1 piece body, 1 piece neck, oil finish top in natural ....................

"Yeah, yeah. We're in the bureau of beer and fire and cigarettes. And maybe some chicks, too." - Beavis
QuattroSte
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just thought I'd jump in here and say a word on Bacchus too. I have gone through a few Tokais in my time and I have settled on my LS200 as a keeper. The others I have thought were really great until I started to see, hold and play Bacchus. These guitars are truly stunning. The workmanship on the handmade series is second to none! Their pickups and electronic are fantastic. I have an 04 G Studio QM and recently bought an ST 62 from Hisashi. The ST62 is awesome in every way. Beautiful to play, sounds amazing and built exquisitly. Bacchus is the way to go my friends. I still love Tokai but not nearly as much!

My ST62

MIJvintage
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

QuattroSte wrote:
Hi All,

Just thought I'd jump in here and say a word on Bacchus too. I have gone through a few Tokais in my time and I have settled on my LS200 as a keeper. The others I have thought were really great until I started to see, hold and play Bacchus. These guitars are truly stunning. The workmanship on the handmade series is second to none! Their pickups and electronic are fantastic. I have an 04 G Studio QM and recently bought an ST 62 from Hisashi. The ST62 is awesome in every way. Beautiful to play, sounds amazing and built exquisitly. Bacchus is the way to go my friends. I still love Tokai but not nearly as much!

Agreed, As far as Strats, I much more prefer Bacchus over Tokai

As far as quality & consistancy of build across all product lines, I give Bacchus the award for this above all other makers

throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for jumping in QuattroSte. I have be bitten by the B-bug. It so happenes that I am thinking of buying a Bacchus BST-62. Yes the Bacchus took me by surprise. I have had a lot of very expensive "high end" USA guitars and I have not always be happy with them Some have been good, some less than good.

Thanks Hishashi for jumping in to. I bought a Bacchus Vintage Series J-Bass from you, it arrived yesterday. I bought it for my friend and he is very happy
throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dear Mr.Throstur Ingolfur Vidisson,
Thank you very much for your enquiry.
I am glad to hear that you like the guitar.
Your guitar looks like BLS-59V HCS, not BLS-120.
I can not track it by the serial number because back then
we do not keep the record of of serial numbers.
But, we are selling this model between November 1997 to July 1999.
Should you have any additional questions, please contact me.
Best regards,
Aki Shiokawa
Deviser Co. Ltd.

Hishashi
Do you agree with Mr. Aki Shiokawa that this is a BLS-59V from 1997 - 1999?
Serial# 1002xx
Long tenon
"Gibson" headstock
Nitro laquer
17? degree headstock angle
one piece back
laminated book matched hard maple top
nickel hardware, aluminium tailpiece
http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/throsturv/?action=view&current=guitar.jpg
http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/throsturv/?action=view&current=head2.jpg
http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp231/throsturv/?action=view&current=neck_joint.jpg
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Bacchus?59 clone Reply with quote

throstur wrote:
It?s a dead accurate clone of a?59 LP to the smallest detail. It weights 9 lbs 7 oz. It?s handmade, 17? degree headstock angle, long neck tenon, one piece back, laminated book matched hard maple top, nickel hardware, aluminium tailpiece, excellent pickups very good sustain, beautifully handcrafted and cellulose lacquer of course. No fret end bindings (the ?59's didn?t have it I?m told).

A nice guitar but not exactly a dead accurate clone
throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you are probably right. Dead accurate was an overstatement. I was a little excited about it when I wrote the post. It is however a fantastic player and a very well made guitar.

I have never seen a real 1959 Burst except on pictures. However I have read much about it, seen clones, replicas and reissues, even from Gibson that are more different from the real ?59 than this guitar.

Correct me if I am wrong: As far as I know the ?59 Burst did not have fret end bindings However it seems to me that Gibson has made '59 and '57 reissue guitars with 14? headstock, fret end bindings, short tenon and more. I call it a bluff not a reissue.
Nani
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to research Gibsons a bit more before passing judgement. Vintage Les Paul Standard does have binding nibs, and their reissue guitars are more accurate than you give them credit for. Gibson reissues are not perfect but what you are saying is not based on facts.
throstur
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nani wrote:
You might want to research Gibsons a bit more before passing judgement. Vintage Les Paul Standard does have binding nibs, and their reissue guitars are more accurate than you give them credit for. Gibson reissues are not perfect but what you are saying is not based on facts.

Sorry, I said: Correct me if I am wrong. Thank you for correcting me on the nibs.
However I must tell you that I have had 8 Gibson Les Paul guitars, 5 Gibson SG guitars and 1 ES 335. I have played them all a lot and I am a big fan of Gibson guitars.
I am now sitting with my friends Gibson Limited Edition 1958 Standard in my lap. It seems to me that the headstock angle is 14? on this guitar and it has fret end bindings.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: