Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK Tokai owners convention
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratman323

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I really thought about that. I assumed that if somebody was interested enough to come along, they'd be interested enough to join a free forum!

Bearing in mind that there will (should) be several thousands of ?s worth of guitars together in one room, it seems to me to be quite important that we all know who we are inviting along. A free-for-all could be a risk. And the other point is that we will all be bringing at least one Tokai or similar type of guitar, so we can try models that we've never previously had the chance to play.

Besides which, half of the point is so that we can meet the people who we regularly chat to on here - as others have said, it would be nice to put a face & voice to the comments and views we read so often.

Any other views on this?
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've no problem with anyone on the forum bringing a friend/partner along, but you've highlighted a potential problem, we don't want word getting out via the forum and 300 uninvited Chavs turning up to paw our guitars!

I'm sure wouldn't happen, but to be on the safe side maybe once the venue & date are sorted we could let each other know by PM, email or phone.
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the date, I'd love to come along. If anybody is driving down from the north west and wants to split the petrol then i'm happy to contribute too.

I work abroad a lot though, so i'd have to be here!
SteveDoG
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might well make an appearance. If there is anyone else from the Midlands I'd be happy to split the petrol costs as i am a none driver... If you are all well behaved, I might even bring my green, early 80s, Jazz Bass
stratman323

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK great, shall we have another count to see who is now interested in coming along? I think it's worth doing even if it's only half a dozen of us. And if somebody would prefer to organise it in the Midlands, I'll drive up for it.
Mole Man
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, if it's in London. Would have to look at the transport and accomodation issues if anywhere else before deciding.

Best regards,
Mole Man
Goestoeleven
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a fine idea.

Has anyone contacted Tokai UK to see if they'd be willing to support it in any way? maybe sending a sales manager or two down and using it as a chance to promote the current range by having some demo examples available for example?

Just a thought.
Mole Man
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on whether this event is likely to go ahead at all? I would love to take part and can bring a ES-130 to the party! Come on folks, we only live once...

Best regards,
Darren/MM
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've had a hectic 2008, but should be able to find a bit more time in 2009, I think it would be great to get a few of us together!
stratman323

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We always seem to get hung up on dates and location when we try to arrange something.

OK, how about somewhere in London in March? How many people would be likely to be able to make that? If there are enough, we can pick a day (one Saturday afternoon/early evening?), and agree what part of London would be best.

Or if someone else would prefer to arrange it in the Midlands, that's fine also.
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goestoeleven wrote:
That sounds like a fine idea.

Has anyone contacted Tokai UK to see if they'd be willing to support it in any way? maybe sending a sales manager or two down and using it as a chance to promote the current range by having some demo examples available for example?

Just a thought.

Great idea - I've just mailed them. I'd still love to see this happen too. How far would our London-based forumites be prepared to travel? I've arranged events like this before on a huge UK forum, and the London ones have always been a bit painful to get to for most people. We've done them in Bath (beautiful place, though again a pain to get to), Birmingham (the nightlife was a bit poor where we were, but I guess this would only be a one-day thing), Manchester (a pain for parking, but great otherwise) and Sheffield (the best yet).
mrsuspend
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's in London I'll come!
EDIT: Bath is good too, my niece goes to uni there.

/Magnus
AlanN
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a speedy reply from Bob at Tokai UK: as long as it's in a central location and avoids Musikmesse (1-4 April) and the whole of August, they're interested! Sorry Magnus, that rules out London - but it's very easy and pretty cheap to get to Sheffield from there (one direct train - last time I did it, it was ?40 return first class as I booked in advance).
mrsuspend
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh all right then

JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheffield would be great for me! but happy to travel to London if thats what the majority vote for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: