TOKAI LES PAUL GOLD TOP

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loverockcars

Reaction score
HI TO ALL YOU GUYS.SERIAL #4018663

Need some advise about selling a 84 gold top in mint condition with original hard case with the gold tokai badge which is also mint.
This guitar was bought from hoilday music in London yrs ago and has never really been played as I have many gibbos now including custom shop hand mades.So my question is how much should I put as a reserve price for this mint tokai Gold top.Its the 57 lookalike with 57paf stickers on the pick ups that are the zepra type.The case has the green lining.
The guitar is totally original and in unplayed condition.Any help on this please...LARRY

Thats true.
And I've seen that listing...But my tokai is not the same, as the one on Ebay(not in anyway knocking that one)its just in
to use the frace "mint" with the real case not a gig bag also "mint".
And I am the original owner from new..To be honest if it has 10hrs playing time thats alot..still got is original strings.Not that they any good today mind you. I'm in two minds "to sell or keep" ...larry

thanx for the welcome

No split ups that would be wrong.
Yep only about 10hrs as I had a gibbo fall in to lap at the same time
and today I have so many guitars just forgot all about it.And only thought about it about 2 months ago.After reading the intrest on here and ebay.
Not selling cos I need money.Just if someone wants it and will play it.
Thats not the only unplayed I've got.I've also a 40th anaiversay gibson les paul black with soap bars.And the custom shop one of only 30 made worldwide Gibson les paul signature signed by the man and all the documents you can think of from the custom shop including the letters from les paul(himself)This is a 1992 guitar which took a long time to happen because of les pauls health at the time.All 30 guitars was at the music show in new york behind glass.I won't say how much this cost or how much I've been offerd.But it is not and never will be for sale as this can't be replaced.So the Tokai was put away never to see the light of day untill now......larry

Well it seems that after so many hits 80+that trying to get a idea of the value of this Tokai is fruitless.
Does anyone know what it's model no is?? All I know is its meant to be a copy of a 57 gold top.

NOW! NOW! SEEMS THAT YOU HAVE A BIT OF THE ARSE BLESS YEA.

Now all I asked was for a honest answser.Not the crap that goes on on ebay.Ebay has pushed up prices so much.I'm not intrested in making money on this tokai for gods sake.I was hoping that someone on here would like it and would play it as I don't need it. And as for having pots of money it has takern me over 30yrs to get mine. Sorry if my posts have givern that impression.I only signed up to see if there was any intrest in it. And let it go for a more relistic price...larry

:eek: Boys, Boys! Let me play Soloman here for just a moment. Okay here's the way I see it I have 2 LS80f's I bought from the original owners in the original cases. Both were seeking a loving home , money was not the motovation ,Love and Kindness were the goal . As I have $450 invested in these adoptions I would be willing to donate $225 to this hunanitarian cause. Remember it was Peter Green who gave up not one but two 59'ers to Gary Moore and a Lorrey driver, Let Greeny be your guide! Bless you everyone,Asaam alekum, Peace be with you...TG 8)

loverockcars said:
NOW! NOW! SEEMS THAT YOU HAVE A BIT OF THE ARSE BLESS YEA.

Now all I asked was for a honest answser.Not the crap that goes on on ebay.Ebay has pushed up prices so much.I'm not intrested in making money on this tokai for gods sake.I was hoping that someone on here would like it and would play it as I don't need it. And as for having pots of money it has takern me over 30yrs to get mine. Sorry if my posts have givern that impression.I only signed up to see if there was any intrest in it. And let it go for a more relistic price...larry

If ebay has pushed prices up, then those prices will be the going market rate. If something's in demand - like early Tokais - they will get expensive.

Supply & demand.

Too bad it's UK only. I was considering a goldtop for my third & last Tokai.
to make an even 21 guitars.

The guitar should be a 1984 TLS-50, it's identical to my -84 gold top (serial 4017xxx). Mine is also in mint condition, not a scratch on the guitar or case (which also has the green lining). The model is supposed to be a ?58 replica. For some reason mine has the PAF pickups that was used on the TLS-80. It has a solid maple top, mine also has a one piece neck.

Mike

I do hope no one is taking advantage of loverockcars very generous donation to a Forum member !!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2577675063&category=2384

Nick, well spotted, thanks for that. Now all I have to do is email Mr ?painterman?, just tell I?m a Forum Member, and obviously he?ll let me have the guitar for ?175, right :wink: ?

Ian.

Sorry I'm a bit slow here but I just picked up on this thread guys.

Anyway, both those Goldtop ebay links on this thread were on sale near me by the looks of it.

Junction 31 on the M25 is right on the Dartford tunnel (Essex side) and I think Mr. Painterman whatever his name is ain't too far away either.

Can't say that I'm a gold top fan really so I wasn't interested in either.

Blimey Loverocker, never seen you that miffed before. Had you been drinking?

Latest posts

Back