Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Burny vs. tokai
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luis
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I?ve told several times I prefer Tokai but I can understand other prefer Burnys. I don?t like chinese guitars as I noticed,they could be good for the money asked(if under 300 euro) but only use I can see on them is for luthier practices(set-ups,etc...). A frined of mine has got a Burny FLG-60 similar to a Tokai Reborn and it?s a very good guitar I like it a lot,he bought it under my recomendation.

Yesterday, I was playing my LS-320 and maybe I was very lucky with this particular guitar, but I felt great when playing it and I haven?t found a Les Paul guitar to match it until now, and I do know Tokai is able to make it.
whitehall
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I've owned some great Burny's and Greco's that far surpassed the Tokais I have owned. Tokai is the Ford of Japan.
voyager
Power chords are my friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever one's individual delights and personal nuances and fancies are, early 80's FLG and RLG MIJ Burnys currently represent by far the best value in the market.
Ikkyu
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I already wrote somewhere else, I had the chance to try, together with a friend of mine, my '81 FLG-90, a '80 LS-80 and a '81 EGF-1200.
Trying to be neutral, the EGF has the best sound due the pickups and has the thicker neck, a '58 or '59, mine (the FLG-90 is the more resonant and has the longer sustain and, unfortunately for me, has the thinner neck. The LS-80 is the worse, even though it's not the right word. It's also the heavier.
We compared them with a Historic '58 Les Paul and they have the "sign of the times" wich made them better than Les Paul.
But, as always, you can find a same Greco, Burny or Tokai model being a little different in sizes, sound, and so on.
So, I'm quite sure I'd change mine, or also my friend's EGF, only for a real '59 Les Paul. Otherwise there's no reason to get another one.
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've said before I've yet to play a really great Burny, I'm sure there are some, and I've certainly played good very ones! I have 2 Great tokais and one very good one, I've also played great Grecos, and some not so great.

The very nature of guitar building, especially when you are talking about not absolute top of the range guitars, means there will be variations from guitar to guitar and some will be better than others.

In my experience there are more great LS80's than Burny FLG-90's, I'm sure someone else will have different views simply becasue they have been lucky enough to find a few great Burnys and a few duff Tokais.

To get a morre valid answer to the question we would need the input of someone who has played loads of both. Villager where are you

One thing is for certain, they are both manufacturers of some excellent guitars.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: