Narrow neckplate on Springy Sound

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on Springy Sounds that have narrow neckplates? I saw one, but I couldn't find a serial number anywhere.

define "narrow neckplate" ....do you mean the type that has a black rubber gasket underneath? i have a springy and a gold and both have stock vintage type neckplates and both have serials on the plates....

I've never seen a Springy with a gasket, but the one I'm talking about has a neckplate that is a 1/4" or so narrower. I think the earliest (78) Springys had those. The serial would then be in the neck pocket. I saw a white one on Ebay now...wow the guy is asking a lot for it.

Check out the neckplate on the one below. No serial, narrow. Maybe they were made for a limited time in '78, not sure though. LoverockerUK, do you mind telling me what the serial is on your '78 Springy- or just the first 2 numbers? Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2569876527&indexURL=2&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

I have a '78 ST80 that I thought was pretty early with 80018XX as a serial number, so are these "pre-serial number" STs well documented?

Unfortunately I haven't found much info on these Springys. They do have serials...just not stamped on the neckplate. It's stamped in the body neck pocket. I only just discovered these narrow n.p. Springys last week.

Latest posts

Back