SONGBIRD MUSIC IN CANADA!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

It seems our new friends in Toronto like to sell "Japanese" Tokai's but like to ship Korean Tokais. This came about as I mailed in my Japanese warranty card to Tokai Japan and they told me that the Love Rock I bought was in fact Korean.

Beware...

I think whoever posted that message has got us mixed up with another store! We have NEVER misrepresented a Korean Guitar for a Japanese one! In fact, we were instrumental in having the model numbers changed on the new Korean models to minimise confusion - new models have TKM in the Serial Numbers.

Whoever posted this message should contact us directly! Who would come across a problem like this and not contact the store they purchased this guitar from? Why post this as anonymous? This is very fishy indeed - I am happy to go over this situation in detail with anyone concerned.

We are also more than happy to help any customer of ANY DEALER figure out whether they have a Japanese or Korean Guitar.

WARRANTY CARDS ARE NOT SHIPPED WITH KOREAN GUITARS - We have never received a Korean Guitar with a Warranty Card. NEVER!

Whoever posted this message better get their facts straight!

I hope everybody takes this "anonymous" message with a grain of salt...

Sincerely,

TREVOR SHAIKIN
Manager
Song Bird Music Toronto
Toll Free 1 (888) 733-4777

Just to make sure there is no confusion - I will clarify one further point :
If you purchased a Korean Tokai Guitar that came with a warranty card, this card IS NOT from the factory, any such cards were manufactured onsite by the dealer himself. The only Warranty available on Korean Tokai guitars is through the Seller/Distributer.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me why Songbird Music in Canada is selling the Mikes Music Limited Editions? They are brand new according to their site....I want one but I thought only Mikes has them...are they legit?

Jason,

I just visited the Song Bird site and didn't see any LE guitars. Just Korean and Japanese Love Rocks and some other models.

Ned

In their listings for Tokai, if you look at the first Korean love rock and click on it, the details show a Gold Top Love Rock MM2001 LE.

It has been confirmed.

Check it out!

That Gold Top is indeed the MM2001 LE (the same guitar). We only have a couple, they come from the same source. I imagine they were a surplus from the original order.

SONG BIRD MUSIC

You IMAGINE they come from the same source? Are you in business or not? Stop dancing around the subject!!!

Reread my message Jason - I think you misunderstood. We have no information on what goes on between the distributer and any other dealer.

SONG BIRD MUSIC

I bought a Korean 335 Tokai from Songbird over the summer and they made no bones about it's country of origin.

8) Before making a purchase I scan the archives to get the best info to help in making my choice. Here is a perfect example: While looking at the Songbird inventory I came across the Sale and clearence section. Japanese Strats regularly $865 cnd for $519 cnd, converted to US$ that makes it $396. I saw this topic about Songbird selling Japanese and shipping Korean. I called the Toronto store and spoke to Skitch . He had what I was looking for ,a 50's style strat, single layer pickgaurd, a fat C shaped tinted neck with vintage tuners and best of all a "Blackie"! Let me say this about Songbird...they are great! Not only is the Goldstar everything Skitch said it was, they did a great job of packing and getting it shipped out quickly. As soon as it was shipped I got an E-mail with a tracking # Blackie arrived last evening and it is a beauty!!And It is Japanese! I restrung and changed the knobs and pick-up covers to a set of Aged plastic and now it looks even better! :lol: The alder body is cut for 3 single coils and the neck is one of the best shaped and a beautiful amber color. I highly recomend Songbird , as well as Mike's Music in Canada, They deliver and I'm one happy customer! :wink: You can buy with confidance! TG 8) * this was an unpaid testemonial, I swear!*

It is pretty suspect when a "Guest" slams a dealer....I automatically assume that the "guest" is probably a competitor trying to hurt Songbirds sales. I could be wrong, but I'm sure the webmaster can see the IP that the the Guest posted from. I hope that is not true, because that would be pretty low.

Why all the jumping on Songbird?! Not only is the opening thread here suspicious but this is getting close to an interrogation! Let's have some respect, please.

personally ...I never take posts like the first one seriously. To be legit the poster should identify him / herself. Qualifies as a cheap shot and gets no credability with me.

I also picked up a sunburst Tokai strat from Songbird....last May...in person. Songbird was excellent to deal with and the guitar seemed like an excellent buy for $519 Canadian.

I see similar guitars going for quite a bit more on ebay and there are no guarantees that any of them are the Japanese models. I was assured that the one I purchased is a Japanese model.

:eek: Regarding "guest", inthe early days of this forum some adjustments were made as I recall and all the first postings were changed to guest. And yes GC it is "Low Down and a Shame" that some play that way, I wanted to set the record straight! Some trashed Mike at Mike's Music in the begining of this forum and I will tell you my dealings with Mike and everyone listed at this forum have been nothing short of Great! I will continue to support those who advertise and are friends of the Registry. GC your turn is coming! I got my eye on one of those great looking Explorers, Love that Rick Derinnger Headstock!! 8) By the way I changed the pickup covers and knobs to some "Antiqued" ones , added a set of 11's and a 50's style string tree, have fallen in love with the Big Chunky C neck, it's rainning here today so I'll be above the garage in "My Room" Playing! 8) TG

songbird is a great company, first rate purchased 2 dillions and a love rock there, great service, i prefere the dillion paul by far

songbird rules.

i have an '84 ST-55 Goldstar from them, i get all my work done there, i go in and shoot the ****. no stupid attitude, lots of vintage stock always moving.

Latest posts

Back