guitar of china

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeotokai

Reaction score
has anybody seen this website before? all are imitations of famous brands... :lol:

http://www.guitarofchina.com/index.php

any reactions are welcome :D

Well ... they might have a good to excellent quality ...

But I couldn't import one of these to Germany ... Customs would confiscate it immediately because of copyright infringement.
They've even made some raids at Frankfurt Musikmesse this year to put a stop to those frauds's games ...

So - I'm not interested in buying this stuff ... :roll:
Roger

but lots of pictures are just copy/pasted from original descriptions or stores. look at this one:
http://www.guitarofchina.com/product_info.php?cPath=146&products_id=4110
check at the end of description: Currently in stock at Guitar Mania, Poole
So I think that you really don't know what you'll get ;)

I'd love to see what level of quality they hit. I have a great set of pics from a Chinese-made Motorised Circuit Breaker copy - perfect on the outside, almost down to the micron; inside, what should be an automatic physical trip switch to cut off electricity safely... was replaced by a single wire, connecting the input and output. :D

Edit: that's not to say that all Chinese manufacturing is crap, but we've certainly seen a lot of corners cut on the engineering work we've commissioned out there due to a lack of understanding. I'd love to have a go on one of these guitars, but like Roger pointed out - it'd be impossible (and criminal!) to get one into the country.

They are fake, just like the Chinese Payless guitars. They have no resale value and are violating Gibson Fender etc copyright by using the Gibson Fender etc logos without permission. I have seen and played a fake Chinese Gibson Les Paul that was for sale and they are made very badly and are a waste of money. If someone wants to buy one you could pay for it with fake counterfeit money. Fake money for a fake guitar, seems pretty fair.

Nasty. Disturbing to see that the red Strat says made in USA & carries a fake Fender serial number. I'm sure we'll see some of them on eBay soon as US Fenders. :evil:

japanstrat said:
They are fake, just like the Chinese Payless guitars. They have no resale value and are violating Gibson Fender etc copyright by using the Gibson Fender etc logos without permission. I have seen and played a fake Chinese Gibson Les Paul that was for sale and they are made very badly and are a waste of money. If someone wants to buy one you could pay for it with fake counterfeit money. Fake money for a fake guitar, seems pretty fair.
Not too sure about the "resale" issue there.
My local <insert large Australian pawn broker chain here> has 2 Ibanez JEM fakes up for sale.
They have put a card on them noting that "These are NOT made by Ibanez" and yet are still asking $400 each for them.

Ozeshin said:
Not too sure about the "resale" issue there.
My local <insert large Australian pawn broker chain here> has 2 Ibanez JEM fakes up for sale.
They have put a card on them noting that "These are NOT made by Ibanez" and yet are still asking $400 each for them.

I was in that particular store about a month ago. There was only one at the time, but I'm sure the price was around $600AU when I was there!

Quality is dubious. Floyd Rose won't vibrate when you smack it like the real thing. Shocking inlay work too.
Would be interested to know if someone buys these things when there are plenty of other better sub $500 guitars out there. Might be good for trying to impress your 16 year old mates. :wink:

I bought one out of interest
I must say they look the part and sound good too
it does have a couple of flaws like one of the bridge saddles is not flush and the action is quite high and ther is some tarnishing on the pup covers
my bigest suprise was the intoneation was perfect straight out of the box

How's the scalloping of the fretboard?
Coz the ones I've seen it looks like a really ****** job. :eek:

The fake Gibson that I played (and did not buy) was nowhere near even a low priced late 80s Korean Epiphone in terms of quality and the wood the Chinese fakes are made from is what?, it wouldn't be Mahogany, and the pickups would be cheap no name ceramic Gibson clones. As soon as I saw the Gibson fake from 3 feet (1 metre) away I knew something wasn't right about it. I suppose it sounded as good as a low priced Epiphone through the amp but I only played it for a minute. I would never consider having a Gibson fake fullstop and it's not because I already have 2 Gibsons but because the whole idea of fakes isn't for me.

chinese gibson copies on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBjVUPsN1ZI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au9pVRlHKGA&feature=related

There was a guy on the Hamer forum who wanted to see if they could make him a floyded LP with a hockeystick hs...they didn't understand and asked for a pic...the result:

guitars2-0802.jpg

The story:

**SOLD**

For Sale because I just ordered a new $2000 guitar and need to pay for it AND because the neck is too thin for me. It is not shredder thin, but similar to a Gibby 60's carve - maybe a touch thinner.

Most of you have seen this, but if you haven't, please be aware that this IS NOT a real Hamer USA. It's a weird "replica" that was made for me in China.

Funny story: I ordered it and asked for an LP Supreme with a bound hockeystick headstock and a Floyd. They didn't understand my request, so they needed a photo of the headstock. The only bound hockeystick I could find was a Hamer Standard, so that's the photo I used. I fully expected to receive a blank headstock - imagine my surprise when I opened the box to find a Hamer USA logo! (There's a language barrior I guess - LOL!)

Anyway, the guitar itself was nice but all the cheap gold hardware and electronics were crap. It's ALL been replaced. Real Hamer-logo Schaller Floyd trem w/posts. Duncan Custom Custom and 59. All new wiring, switches and jack. New tuners. Even all the screws were replaced. I had it wired and set up by a local shop. The only "issue" it has is that the trem route (under the Floyd and in the spring cavity) is pretty ugly. The rout looks kinda sloppy to me.

It plays well and sounds good, but the neck is too thin for me. There are no nicks or dings or flaws. No sharp edges on the frets. Fairly lightweight.

I paid $550 for it. Plus $85 in duties (grrrr). Then added over $400 in upgrades.

No case.

If you're interested, PM me an offer. BUT YOU MUST PROMISE TO NEVER PASS IT ON AS A REAL HAMER OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN!

You know.... I purchased 6 Gibson Les Paul fakes directly fron China over the last year and the last one was the closest it has come to the real thing... we all know that Gibson has taken a real interest in this and has switched the Epiphone line from Korea to China for ...... well you figure it out... it is no different than when Japan became the masters of duplication...It is just China's turn...... DISCLAIMER.. I no way promote the illegal use of copyrights.... I was just interested... ....

Latest posts

Back