Help compling list of distortion pedals.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makaze

Reaction score
Hi, I'm compiling a list of distortion pedals that were available in the 1980's as part of my quest to get my first ever pedal back.

Since I remembered it all my memories about every aspect of this pedal have demanded that i get one to play again.

I know it wasn't a boss. It had a silver pedal, the body case was red, battery comparment midway on the top of the pedal accessed by removing a plastic (red) cover covering the full width of the pedal. It may have had two (stereo) outputs, 4 knobs at the top arranged in quarters on a silver (i think) background.

Please list any maufacturers you may have heard of please that was selling cheepo pedals in the late 70's early 80's.

I'm aware of Arion (ruled that out, my 2nd pedal was there flanger)
Yamaha have a similar build but it wasn't one of those.

Thanks for any help here.

DOD?

dod-supradistortion.jpg

Edit: ah, stereo out? Hmm. Stumped! Digitech do one, but i'm not sure if they did in the 80s...

The one ive bought is by mavis imagination!!!! but in the UK they were marketed as frontline. reviews are pretty poor, I just cant wait to hear that noise I used to create when i was 14 :oops:

Latest posts

Back