Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breezysound dating help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsikora
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Breezysound dating help Reply with quote

I just purchased a Tokai sn# 19995 Tele with an alder body with bound quilted maple top, red transparent and maple neck. Has the reshaped headstock with string post midway between tuners. It also has a Fender 'Custom Telecaster' decal. It appears totally stock. If not for the slant on the headstock it would be impossible to tell it apart from a real Fender. In fact it sounds and plays better than most Fenders of that era. Wood is beautifully aged. After using Fenders for 35 years and the cost of vintage gear I think I got a case of 'Tokai Fever'. Can anyone tell me the date of manufacture and the model#?
tsikora
Plucker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it:
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/tokai859.jpg

TTE60TM N with maple neck

It's not quilted maple but Tortiseshell magohgany.. whatever that is. Looks quilted to me or a burl. Still not sure about the date. Did Tokai ever use Fender decals and bridges? Probably not.
sneakyjapan
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen guitars on the Japanese web listed as Tokai/Fender. Maybe they did.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitars All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: