CAR Goldstar on ebay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks all kosher to me, though it's probably an 84, most 83s had the block logo. I can't see any problems with it, it looks like an authentic nearly mint ST50. I can't read the writing in the pickup cavity, there should be a two letter colour code, can anyone make it out? Should be MR I suppose.

?300 isn't cheap for a Goldstar, but it does look in very good condition, so it's probably a fair price. Mind you, when you add on Customs duty (20%?) and shipping, it ain't gonna be cheap at all.....

Depends how much you want it really. It is a nice colour. :p

Mike

Thanks! It is nice isn't it :)
The price including tax and shipping would be what it'd cost in a Swedish shop I guess. As you say, it's how much I want it :D

I love that color too, here's mine:

st50_5.jpg

It's a TST-50 with a TST-60 V-neck.

Mike

stratman323 said:
I can't read the writing in the pickup cavity, there should be a two letter colour code, can anyone make it out? Should be MR I suppose.

It looks like '11 = 4MR Z' to me although the R is rather faint.

/Magnus

stratman323 said:
It looks all kosher to me, though it's probably an 84, most 83s had the block logo.

I wonder if the block logo's were for export only? I've only ever seen block logo Springy's.

Anyhow, looks genuine here. The body code is the same as my CAR Springy although my 'R' is a bit clearer.

andyscott said:
I wonder if the block logo's were for export only? I've only ever seen block logo Springy's.

I do wish Ned would update the Registry on the block decal guitars - it says that they were only Springys, but we have seen several examples of block decal Goldies posted on here in the last year or so. The Registry really should mention this, in order to be a complete and accurate record.

Whether or not they were for export only is an interesting question, but the main point is that they existed.

Good luck with the bidding Magnus. It's not cheap for a guitar from Japan, so I hope nobody out-bids you.

It may not be cheap, but guitars are generally quite expensive in Sweden.
I tried out a Fender 1987 MIJ Stratocaster the other day which turned out to be a very poor guitar indeed, with korean hardware and a basswood body so soft you could dent it with your fingernail - and that was ?325.

Just an hour 47 to go now, holding my breath... :)
/Magnus

I picked up my lovely ST50 at the post office today. :D
Very well packaged in a good box and loads of bubble wrap. The guitar is very much as advertised, a few dings but overall in very good nick. The total cost came to about ?395 including import duties (Chingo was very helpful in this respect), a decent enough price considering I could probably sell it for about ?550 here in Sweden if I wanted to (which I don't!).
I can wholeheartedly recommend Chingo123 (David Marchingo) as a seller, he was honest, quick and easy to deal with.

/Magnus

chingo is a good seller and a good packer,quite a few forum members have bought off him and they have been pleased with him. :wink:

Oh, and a huge thanks to the forum and Mike especially for taking the time to give his expert views on the guitar, without which I'd never had dared to bid! :)

/Magnus

Congrats mrsuspends there's nothing like getting you hands on a great new to you guitar is there ?? Let us know how you like your new axe after you test drive her eh?????

Glad to be of help, mrsuspend. :p

Could you explain your name to me? I can interpret it in two ways:

mr-suspend (as in suspended chords?)

or

mrs-u-spend (as in a wife who buys too many shoes?)

It's probably neither, but I'm curious!

The guitar is very nice, all original, sounds and looks great but the neck is rather chunky and I haven't really adapted yet. I haven't had the chance to play it as much as I'd like as our bathroom (which was previously a kitchen) will be remodeled into a music room once we've made a new bathroom in another part of the flat :roll:. So a lot of stuff is mothballed to keep the builder's dust away.

My nick...oh dear. :-? Well, I created it at the spur of the moment many years ago and just kept on using it... It doesn't mean anything much, I probably just thought it sounded cool :oops:

And it's Mr. Suspend, just for the record. Maybe I should pick a new one. How about Silver Machine? :lol:

/Magnus

Back