franken strat help please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makaze

Reaction score
I bought a springy sound from a boot sale although i suspected it was not quite right as the logo was blurry, it has a really nice relic feel though. tuner and trem were tokai stamped.

there are no typical tokai "*=*" markings on the body or neck.
st-60 is stamped on the neck underside along with a seriel number, only visable when neck is removed.
there is a blue 6 where the tokai = stamp is usually seen

st-60 is also stamped in the front PUP cavity along with XS. there is Z in the mid pu cavity.

Can anyone suggest what make this guitar really is.

hi, the neck plate is much narrower than my real springy's as well as having no seriel no' stamped into it. appea\rs tobe the original plate.

thanks.

makaze said:
hi, the neck plate is much narrower than my real springy's as well as having no seriel no' stamped into it. appea\rs tobe the original plate.

thanks.

I think the earliest Springy's had a narrower neck plate. It might be one of those.

Mike

Hi,
The earliest springys were stamped like that. Is your guitar like this?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1978-Tokai-Springy-Sound-ST-60-STRAT-early-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ270240667807QQihZ017QQcategoryZ156025QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you could post photos of your guitar that would be helpful to see if all parts are original or not. There are instructions in the General section of the forum--you just need a free photo hosting account like Photobucket.com

Thanks...
________
R360

thanks for that link to the ebay guitar. cant believe my luck :lol:

my guitar is identical but with rosewood board, though the black pups have been replaced.

my serial no. is 8000220, does this make it the 220th st60 made?

maaaaaan, i'm a happy boy.

cheers mr cat, drinks on me.

That would be my guess--I think 1978 was the first production year. Do you have any photos?
:D
________
Buy extreme q

You bought a 1978 Springy at a car boot sale? :eek:

I'm going to have to start getting up earlier on Sundays......

:-?

Mike

Latest posts

Back