Wanted: Input on Burny Goldtops w/ P-90's

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick51

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with Burny Goldtop w/ P-90's? Neck, sound, workmanship? Issues? Any comments or personal experience is appreciated.

I have never had a Burny GT with P90's, been looking for a nice GT with P90's though.

I would say that generally early '80's Burny LP's are up there with similar priced Tokai, Greco & OBG models so if you find a nice example then snap it up. Some of the late '80's guitars I've seen a few quality issues with, and they as a general rule tend to be very heavy.

There's one on ebay at the moment, a late '80's model and IMO a tad overpriced, especially by the time you add shipping and VAT if you are in Europe.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=190221832035&Category=2384&_trksid=p3907.m29

Does look nice though :D

JohnA said:
There's one on ebay at the moment, a late '80's model and IMO a tad overpriced, especially by the time you add shipping and VAT if you are in Europe.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=190221832035&Category=2384&_trksid=p3907.m29

Does look nice though :D

Wow....that's nice. Like I said, never seen a Burny 56 style goldtop.

Mick51, I see you're in a 'burb of Des Moines so, hopefully your imported guitars don't come through US Customs at O'Hare

those folks are pretty bad about pegging my guitars with an 8.7% duty

got lucky on my last one though, the gold top Greco :) ......................

MIJ -- I think everything between the coasts comes through O'Hare. My experience has been somewhat like yours: Sometimes I get swatted with customs duty, and other times I don't. My biggest problem is that, apparently, customs assessments differ among the ports-of-entry.

Anyway, I did buy the Burny; it arrived very quickly, and in quite good shape. And, the p/ups are great. Don't know if you remember Les Dudek from 1975-76, both with Boz Scaggs and his (Les') first couple solo albums. But, it nails that sound.

Back