My "new" Love Rock

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ti-Ron

Reaction score
Hi All,
nice forum and a lot of usefull infos here! I just (finally) got a Love Rock! It's a 1982 and little beat up, but the sound and the neck is so sweet so not bigdeal here! I just want to know wich size of hardware I have to buy if I want to refresh it a little bit! I want to change the bridge, the tail piece and the tuners pegs. Did I have to use the metric one or the Gibby generics would fit on it anyway?
Thanks for your help all and I hope there will be a lot of fun to hang out here! :D

P.S. Sorry, I'm french...so my english can be bad! ;)

Here's a pic of it for your pleasure!
82Tokaifront.jpg

Metric hardware is what you need. I've had good results using Gotoh bridges, and tuners, and the 'Faber' aluminium tailpiece from forum member Togps is my tail-piece of choice.

Nice looking guitar, don't throw away the old bits when you replace them :D

JohnA said:
Metric hardware is what you need. I've had good results using Gotoh bridges, and tuners, and the 'Faber' aluminium tailpiece from forum member Togps is my tail-piece of choice.

Nice looking guitar, don't throw away the old bits when you replace them :D

Thanks for the tips! I will look in that direction! Is it the same thing with the pots? And don't worry I won't trow them in garbages, I'll keep it in the hardshell case! ;)

Same with pots, you will need metric ones. I find Alpha pots are cheap and work well.. To fit CTS pots you will need to enlarge the mounting holes slightly.

Nice top! What model is she? Must have cost you$$$ Curious how you like the electronics and if the pickups are microphonic? Must be a rare color

Hey Ti-Ron, welcome to the forum. I'm also a regular over at GC. :) I see you bought Slidewinders Tokai. Whatever you do, don't change the pickups on that Tokai as Slidewinder told me in a PM once they're Seth Lover pickups. I played that guitar when they had it over at Song Bird Music here in Toronto several months ago (before they closed shop) and it's a really nice guitar. I found it to be quite resonant. Have fun with it! :D

Don't worry Kenmac, I won't change the Pickups they are soooo nice! It's some older Seth Lover and they sound really fantastic, a lot of sustain in it! I only want to do some little changes to refresh it, like the mouting rings, jack, electronics and hardware. For sure the electronics and the plastic stuff need an update! The metal hardware will depend on my feeling, but for now they do the job! ;)
About the exact model I don't really know, I have to do some search on it, but if someone here know it, let me know please! :D

Does it have Fret edge bidding or has it had a refret :wink:

If my memory is right the owner before me puts some jumbo fret, not sure if it's jumbo of medium, but they are really big, bigger than my CIJ Strat, I really feel them when I'm move on the neck, that really cool to do slide and bends on it!

Nice guitar Ti-Ron.

You think your English is bad? You should hear me attempt to speak French! :lol:

Mike

Mike: The good thing with typing is that you can't heard my accent! :p But I try to practice my english each time it's possible! Guitar and related help me a lot, since I know the parts in english! Thanks for the comment! ;)
I look around in the catalog you guys put online and I can't find my color sheme in it! And in the ID I saw that some serial number have letters prefix to identify the model but not mine! ;( Can it just be a normal LS but with a custom color?

It?s darker than OS (Old sunburst),it?s a sort of Brockburst by Tokai by the pic I?m seeing,I would guess it could be a HDC (Heritage Dark Cherry) Tokai old version(actual is a bit redish that the one shown in the pic).
Very nice guitar.

Back