• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Anyone want to trade a Breezy for my Silver Star?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scunny

Reaction score
My Silver Star :

4f3c_1.jpg

5432_1.jpg

57ae_1.jpg

5ff5_1.jpg

7018_1.jpg

780e_1.jpg

806f_1.jpg

890a_1.jpg

916c_1.jpg

One piece maple neck, 3 pce ash body Spaghetti logo era though logo has been removed. Is a very well made strat. Tone controls clean and very responsive and some great sounds available.
I paid ?275 on ebay from UK seller about 1 year ago. He had had the guitar imported from Japan.
Condition of finish about average for age I guess. Neck is very straight and guitar feels solid.

Reason for sale: Fancy a change. Strat is too subtle for me. Want something a bit beefier.
________
Male Advice Dicussion

Lovely guitar, really really nice
Going to a Breezy wont be beefier at all ,IMHO
Twangyer, yes! Brighter Yes not more out put or a "phatter" sound

Love Rock is the way to go for that sound

I disagree. I love Strats (as you might have guessed!), but I find myself using a Tele a lot with the band as there is so much more "punch" and power to the bridge pickup. Everyone describes the Tele sound in a different way - to me a Tele is a one trick pony - when using the neck pickup, I wish I had a Strat. But select the bridge pickup (a good one, like a Duncan Broadcaster) and a Tele will snarl and scream.

Mike

As you say, it's very personal. My US '52 Reissue Tele covers a lot of ground in the covers band that I occasionally play in. The bridge p/u can jangle, twang, bark or scream depending on pedal/amp (Barber o/d's / Laney LC30) setting, whereas the neck can do clean jazzy stuff through to a very passable Santana. I do love the neck and 'in between' sounds on my Goldstars but they just don't cut like the Tele, even with a rails p/u at the bridge.

I did dabble with the Jap JD tele (Strat p/u at the neck, 5-way switch) but it just didn't quite 'do it' for me.

I might have to go and try out a tele at my local guitar shop and see what I think. If I find something I like then I guess it will be ebay for the SS and use the funds to buy new guitar. Is probably better than 'blind' trade anyway.
I tried a (Korean) tokai SG the other day though thinking it would do the business but didn't enjoy playing it nearly as much as I'd hoped.
________
Roll Blunts

Yeah make sure a Tele is what you really want before you lose the SS for good - they can feel a bit crude and basic after playing a Strat. You could always try a hotter lead pickup in the SS?

An SG balances strangely when you're used to a Strat/Tele/LP. Good if you do a lot of the widdly-widdly stuff above the 12th fret, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.

Latest posts

Back