Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone want to trade a Breezy for my Silver Star?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scunny
Guitar God

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Anyone want to trade a Breezy for my Silver Star? Reply with quote

My Silver Star :

One piece maple neck, 3 pce ash body Spaghetti logo era though logo has been removed. Is a very well made strat. Tone controls clean and very responsive and some great sounds available.
I paid ?275 on ebay from UK seller about 1 year ago. He had had the guitar imported from Japan.
Condition of finish about average for age I guess. Neck is very straight and guitar feels solid.

Reason for sale: Fancy a change. Strat is too subtle for me. Want something a bit beefier.
________
Male Advice Dicussion

Last edited by scunny on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
hawkeye2u
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely guitar, really really nice
Going to a Breezy wont be beefier at all ,IMHO
Twangyer, yes! Brighter Yes not more out put or a "phatter" sound

Love Rock is the way to go for that sound
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I love Strats (as you might have guessed!), but I find myself using a Tele a lot with the band as there is so much more "punch" and power to the bridge pickup. Everyone describes the Tele sound in a different way - to me a Tele is a one trick pony - when using the neck pickup, I wish I had a Strat. But select the bridge pickup (a good one, like a Duncan Broadcaster) and a Tele will snarl and scream.

Mike
fury_dice
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you say, it's very personal. My US '52 Reissue Tele covers a lot of ground in the covers band that I occasionally play in. The bridge p/u can jangle, twang, bark or scream depending on pedal/amp (Barber o/d's / Laney LC30) setting, whereas the neck can do clean jazzy stuff through to a very passable Santana. I do love the neck and 'in between' sounds on my Goldstars but they just don't cut like the Tele, even with a rails p/u at the bridge.

I did dabble with the Jap JD tele (Strat p/u at the neck, 5-way switch) but it just didn't quite 'do it' for me.
scunny
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have to go and try out a tele at my local guitar shop and see what I think. If I find something I like then I guess it will be ebay for the SS and use the funds to buy new guitar. Is probably better than 'blind' trade anyway.
I tried a (Korean) tokai SG the other day though thinking it would do the business but didn't enjoy playing it nearly as much as I'd hoped.
________
Roll Blunts

Last edited by scunny on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
stratman323

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah make sure a Tele is what you really want before you lose the SS for good - they can feel a bit crude and basic after playing a Strat. You could always try a hotter lead pickup in the SS?

An SG balances strangely when you're used to a Strat/Tele/LP. Good if you do a lot of the widdly-widdly stuff above the 12th fret, but that's not everyone's cup of tea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Classifieds All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: