Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vintage Fender Del Mar Acoustic Guitar MIJ on eBay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stratman323

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:33 am    Post subject: Vintage Fender Del Mar Acoustic Guitar MIJ on eBay Reply with quote

OK, it's not a Tokai, but it's MIJ:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160237486261&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=006

Does anyone know if these are any good? I don't really need another acoustic, but I'm curious. Fender don't seem to have a good reputation for acoustics, though I have no idea why.

Mike
bigmike
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad says laminated top... keep looking. You want a solid top - many laminated side and back instruments are great buys - the 70s Alvarez Yairi's with Jacaranda are all over eBay. Comparing them to a solid Alvarez Yairi Jacaranda it's a close call...

Never buy an acoustic with a laminated top...

Good lucking hunting. If you can find say an Alvarez Yairi DY74c or a DY85 or DY90 you will be glad you got it.

Michael

PS Kind greetings to all you guys that haven't seen me post in forever...

togps
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that guy.
Hey Michael, aren't you that famous maitre de cuisine??
bigmike
Guitar God

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

togps wrote:
I know that guy.
Hey Michael, aren't you that famous maitre de cuisine??

Ahhh Togps,

That would be me... Now married and living with my bride of 10 months in Scenic Jackson New Jersey... That's me working out on the property we're renting... I've sold most of my guitars to fund my move here, and also am still looking for work...

Hope everyone is well...

Michael

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Sightings & eBay Alerts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: