Call the doctors, I'm addicted!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felipe Nacif

Reaction score
This gotta be some sort of sickness, but my second LS320 arrived last friday, and words don't do it justice.
It's a 9 pounder, a good pound heavier than the cherry one, but its tones are just as great. It has a more focused mid range, a mellower and more compressed tone, while the other has more air.
It looks much more authentic in terms of old 59s, I had to put the pickguard on it, it just a killer looking guitar.
I can't help me, I sold one Les Paul and traded a McInturff to afford this one, but I'll keep doing it, as long as these Tokais stay that good.

R9s? not for me, I'm a Loverocker!

LS320-vf01

LS320s

The color of the second pic is much much better to show how it really is, it's a light honey burst, turning to lemon drop. I love these 320s :D

Barry, this one came from factory directly as the other.
Both are 2000 NOS pieces, the difference from current 320s is only the inlay, which on mine are a bit yellow/greenish aged ones. On the Cherry they don't look as nice as on the other.

Factory agreed to sell me these only because I'm in Brazil. :lol:

Thanks a lot fellows!!!

My next one will be another burst, but this time in a different flavor!

This guitar is the living proof that wood has everything to do with tone. I set up both guitars with same specs, down to pickup height and they both have their own character tonewise.

The Cherry is a monster player, great looking top and wonderful back, light weight. Would be THE perfect LP if made in 1959.
The Honey has everything a great burst should have. Looks and tone have more to do with my image of an old LP. The tone is a bit more compressed. This doesn't mean that the Cherry sounds modern at all! Compared with my McInturff Taurus, both sound much "older" than the McInturff or the LP Standard I've onwed. But the Honey sounds even older :)

I STRONGLY suggest that everyone looking for an investment on TONE should go for that guitar. You'll not regret at all!

Latest posts

Back