Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TOKAI SERIAL NUMBER DATING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitar Registry Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the year of my LOVE ROCK from it,s serial number? The number is 4022581. It is a cherry-flame sun burst in mint condition.
ned
Guitar God

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2001 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you buy it new? Going by the serial number all I can tell you is it was made before 1991 which is when Love Rocks got serial number dating, first 2 digits.

Ned

Porsche 911 Racing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The serial number on my Love Rock TLS50 also begins with 4 (401xxxx). I bought my guitar new in 1984 so the first digit might be the manufacturing year. There is no other 4 in the serial number.

Michael
Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2001 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I bought it new years ago for ?350 .I kept it for about 5 years then sold it for ?250 , now after all these years I met the guy I sold it to and he said he didn't use it and would I like to buy it back, so I did, for ?200. He must have kept it locked up or something because when I opened its case it was just as I left it :MINTED: Does anyone Have a rough estimate of its value now ???

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2001 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only one I've seen for sale (used) in Sweden sold for approx ?525 in the beginning of the summer (it wasn't in mint condition but very nice). It was a TLS50 (cherry sunburst). I would guess your Love Rock is a (T)LS70 since it's a flame top. I don't think they sold many of the more expensive models (LS100/LS200 for example) in the 80's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Tokai Guitar Registry Feedback All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: