New Goldstars - would you buy one?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Goldstar - Hit or Miss?

• Hit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miss

• Ask me in a couple of years.....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can get a secondhand 84/5 Goldie from eBay for around the ?300 mark. In my opinion, that's probably the best Strat you can get for the money.

The only thing that lets them down is the poly lacquer, which I know doesn't bother lots of people. Apart from that, they are very nice Strats, and very good value for money.

I'm just off to re-string my new one now.... :p

Thanks, Mike - I though that might be the response - although the market for Tokai strats does seem to be creeping up value-wise...

Would still like to hear if anyone has any experience of Bacchus...

Cheers,

John.

GS100 - definitely a miss (I'm loyal to Tokai with 2 LR2's, 2 SG75's, Goldstar and Silverstar and seriously considering an ES135). Now, if they were to a do a vintage reissue limited edition of the late 70's early 80's Strats with Nitro finish I'd consider it (only after the Fender relationship has long ended of course), would still be cheaper than the Fender equivalent.

For me the ultimate "clone" has to be a mid-80's Charvel Strat that I have (original logo'd), ash body with thin trans white finish (poly of course), ebony board, jumbo frets, 3 single coils similar to the Jake E Lee guitar exceot mine's a trem model (heavy brass trem, very 80's but no locking nut nonsense)

Latest posts

Back