Post Dimensions of Burny LP Custom?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

360freq

Reaction score
hi Guys. first post.. been reading for a while though.

seems I may have found a late '80's LP Rhodes Custom on the Bay with well sorted display pics. the frets and FB are in good shape, but the binding (and nitro) seem to have sunk down a bit. I haven't been lucky enough to locate a lightweight model, so I will settle for 9+ lbs. the good MIJ LP's cost over 1k, and this one is less valuable but i'm not sure why.

if I score this, I would most likely change the tune-o-matic bridge or at least the saddle pieces with graphite or nylon.. but since it's MIJ, i'm unsure if the dimensions will sort out to what's available in the U.S. from Allparts, Stew-Mac etc.

I emailed the seller regarding the dimensions but haven't yet rcvd a reply. have any of you Burny custom owners swapped out the bridge or tailpiece? and do all the late '80's LP's have the same nut width and other hardware dimensions, or are Rhodes models different?

the item # is 320243008135 .. the info posted on this forum is invaluable, so as far as whether it's a good choice, I will take into consideration any pros and cons from your Burny collecting exp.

thanks -- Bz

The Burny LP customs are consistently very good indeed, never actually seen a RR70 but I'm sure it will be a nice guitar. 9lb's+ is light for a Burny, there are 11lb monsters out there!!

Anyway, I think you will find a Gotoh bridge with 74mm post spacings will fit just fine. Dont even bother trying to find saddles, bad fitting saddles can totally ruin the sustain on the guitar, and looking for some that fit will be a nightmare!! A Gibson bridge will not fit.

Back