• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Looking for Tokai MAT guitars or parts

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrettyBlue1

Reaction score
If it's plastic, it'll sound fantastic ;-)

Well okay, that may not always be true, but I discovered that I like FRP and carbon so... if you still have an old MAT in the attic or just some parts, please let me know!

Not exactly ;-) What would you call me because I also got a Talbo???? The Silver Surfer??

Well, I also like the MAT's, I have two of them. One 750 series prototype made in 1984 and one 1985 MAT-451 with a 1986 CM-800 carbon neck. I also have a couple of NOS 1986 FRP necks if you are interested in one of them. There are a few dings since the necks spent about 15 years in a box in a music store where I found them. They had about ten necks, I bought three of them, one was the carbon neck I used for the 451 which I bought with a bad neck.

750 series prototype:

mat_750_1.jpg

451/CM800:

body.jpg

Mike

Hello Javelin. Well, I sure would not mind having a spare neck. There were carbon I think and other necks made of other materials, which ones doe you have? If possible send me an email with pictures and asking prices. Thanks!

I should have pictures of it somewhere, I'll try to find them. It's a NOS FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic) neck, it has never been used. I don't know how they ended up in that store and the owner didn't remember where he got them. I've used one of the FRP necks and the carbon fiber neck on my MAT-451, the third one has as I mentioned never been used.

Btw, where are you located?

Mike

I havent been on the site for ages and was just having a look to see what mats are selling for.....and I come across a wanted ad.....fate?

Anyway, I have a surf green MAT with 2 blade humbuckers, black guard (I think it is a M-452) that I am looking at selling as it is just not getting out of the case....just too many guitars and really need to sell a few.

If you are interested please drop me a PM with some sort of price range and I will email some photos.

Where are you located?

Latest posts

Back