Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

late 70s early 80s ground wire and truss rod nut question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StJimmy
Plucker

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: late 70s early 80s ground wire and truss rod nut question Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me what kind of ground wire Greco used in the late 70s early 80s? Was it solid wire, or a smallish braided strand, or a generic multi-strand with a white colored plastic jacket?

Also, does anyone have a nice clear detailed photo of the truss rod adjustment cavity so I can see what kind of nut they used on the truss rod and whether they painted inside the cavity?

Thanks.
NWOBHM
Guitar God

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My oldest Greco is from 81.' It has solid core ground wire and a brass truss rod nut like a Gibson.
StJimmy
Plucker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Is the inside of the truss rod cavity painted black like a Gibson? I've seen a guitar locally that may be a Gibson but may also be an older Greco, so I'm trying to nail down the small nuances that would allow a person to tell for sure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Greco All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: