headstock angle

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ant

Reaction score
Anyone know if the recent mij lower end tokais ls75/85/135 etc are 18 degree headstock angles?

Anyone know about orvilles , ObG, new edwards?

Check out the Tokai Japan web site.

All should be 18 degs.

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/tokaigakki/products/vintage/top/vintagetop.html

Not all Tokais have 18? headstock angle, LS-50 and LS-60s had 14 degree pitch headstock if I remember well....LS-80 have 18? however...

luis said:
Not all Tokais have 18? headstock angle, LS-50 and LS-60s had 14 degree pitch headstock if I remember well....LS-80 have 18? however...

I don't know when it was changed but my 1984 Love Rock TLS-50 has a 17/18 degree angle. As far as I know a Reborn LS-50 had a 14 degree angle.

Mike

What should be the right headstock and neck angle in a real 1959 LP?

That head-angle is a bit tricky (some of you might remember the wording I used before).

I used to believe it's not about Tokai but about the 57/58/59/60 that's supposed to be cloned. During the past two years I learned that I am wrong.

I've seen 59s with 14 and I've seen 58s with 18. Just recently I got a 57 (aka 81 LC60) from villager with 18 AND the early 60 thump.

So without using harsh wording this time: play them.

If you're looking for historically correct I'd consult "The beauty of the burst".

Cheers! Rup

Latest posts

Back