1977 Greco EG-1200 (Project Series)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CliffsGuitarWorld

Reaction score
I found this on Ebay and I am not sure about what the "Project Series" is.
It is a 1977 Greco EG-1200.. Here is the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1977-Greco-EG-1200-project-series_W0QQitemZ150234833050QQihZ005QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Best, Cliff

'Project Series' was just a name Greco used for a few years in the late '70's like 'Super Real' and then 'Mint Collection' or 'clearsound project' doesn't really mean anything.

I think it's well over-priced for a guitar with a pancake body. I don't know much about the project series, but did once own a project seried 335 and that had a 3-piece neck too.

heres a Project series catalogue:

http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/greco/1979/en_index.html

CliffsComicWorld said:
What about the U-4000 pups... are they any comparaison to the 80-81 Dry-Z or were they the best Greco had to offer at the time?

I'd bet there is no comparison to the Dry Z pickups judging from the shoddy workmanship of the guitar itself.

Cliff, don't even think about buying it, there are some great Greco's about for a lot less money than that one, as Marcus says, a 3-piece maple neck on a Les Paul??? throw in a pancake body and it's a really poor excuse for a guitar!

I would say that would be worth $900 max, I personally wouldn't pay $500.

I guess Greco EG-800 had a pancake body and maple neck if I recall well.
I owned one but about 4 years ago.Heavy 4,8 Kg. guitar,very good pickups I didn?t knew which ones were at that time,I guess they were U-2000 by Maxon? I paid about 325 euro for it.

Why would they use a 3 piece maple neck? Even the cheapest Strat & Tele copies usually have a one piece maple neck. :-?

Mike

the majority of 1970's Greco Gibson style copies that I have seen have 3 piece maple necks

also, many Greco Lesters from the era have the 'pancake' style bodies

looks like they were replicating the Gibson Norlin era garbage

Latest posts

Back