• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai's for Sale.....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't understand all these flamers who go on about Tokai only being copies. What are Gibson's reissues if not copies of their own original guitars from the 50's/60's? Love Rock's may not be made today as authentically as they used to be but even Gibson can't make their own guitars like the early models. Regarding the gold lustre finish on the gold tops and the pickup materials, some of which are now obsolete, even they have had to use modern alternatives. At the end of the day they are all just planks with wire on! Mine happens to be a very good feeling and sounding plank (as long as you keep changing the wire). It just happens to have Tokai on the headstock instead of Gibson. I also payed a very good price for it and not some huge sum just for the Gibson name.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Rob']

Here Here Rob. My own opinion beautifully put.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'john matthews']

Dear Mr ANON,
I own 3 x TOKAI guitars because they happen to be amongst the best guitars in the world.My breezeysound out plays my MIA standard tele and 63 original.My goldstar sound S type is better than my fender mia 57 and 62 reisuues.
Ive owned LPs before but got shut due to constant tuning problems and adverse build quality.My first choice was a love rock but it had sold.
BTW my Tokais are now worth twice what I payed for them in the UK.
My other brands ar not.
I stand corrected but you sound like yet another "expert" who disregards anything that doesnt begin with F or G.
Have you ever played a TOKAI ??
I think not.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'robert holland']

Hi everyone.

I'm a new Tokai owner/user, as I just got an '83 Ast-'62 that I'm converting into a version of George Harrison's "Rocky".

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could track down a new or used TJE65, the J-160E copies Tokai makes/made. I'm looking for a couple, and condition isn't critical, but I'm not looking to spend a fortune either. If you've got some, or know where I can get them, please let me know via e-mail. I work for a few Beatle Tribute bands and we're looking to add to our gear, and my own collection of Beatle guitars. Thanks!@

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Jeff Levenson']

Tokai Talbo for sale, a late 70's model which has the tighter rout instead of the universal rout that the new ones have, set up like a strat w/ aluminum body and maple neck. Plays amazingly well and for $650 email me for pics. [email protected]

[Anonymously Posted by: 'paul']

Brand New Toaki Gibson J200 Copy !!! Solid spruce top, and only a few available. One hell of a Beautifull Guitar and priced at only 649.00 us.

Contact [email protected]

[Anonymously Posted by: 'xeroid']

On 2001-07-08 09:46, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Mr ANON,
I own 3 x TOKAI guitars because they happen to be amongst the best guitars in the world.My breezeysound out plays my MIA standard tele and 63 original.My goldstar sound S type is better than my fender mia 57 and 62 reisuues.
Ive owned LPs before but got shut due to constant tuning problems and adverse build quality.My first choice was a love rock but it had sold.
BTW my Tokais are now worth twice what I payed for them in the UK.
My other brands ar not.
I stand corrected but you sound like yet another "expert" who disregards anything that doesnt begin with F or G.
Have you ever played a TOKAI ??
I think not.

Do you know of anyone who has a tokai tele for sale? please help me!!?? [email protected]

Latest posts

Back