Quality diff between LS-60, 80, etc?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonneville

Reaction score
Would like help on first Tokai purchase. Budget right now is well under 1K. Thanks, Dick

On the Tokai Regsistry click "links", then click Guitar Universe and open the page that has the Tokai Love Rocks. Each section thoroughly describes each different guitar. The numbers in the description of each guitar are in "yen" in the thousands, so LS75= 75,000 yen. Find on the web, a currency converter and plug the yen into it and convert it to your country's currency.
That will be the approximate cost. Remember that if you purchase a guitar from Japan, you will be taxed 5% on the total cost of the purchase. A case will cost extra for an LS75, LS80, or LS85Q, and shipping to your country as well.
I just purchased an LS85Q and the total cost was $915 delivered.
Hope this helps.

Can't those numbers be a bit confusing depending on where you live and what models are sent to your country.

For example:
LS85Q = isnt that Japan market only?

NLS75Q = USA and Canada market?

But are basically the same spec'd guitars?
Model: NLS75Q CS
Body:Quilted Maple Top veneer
Mahogany Back
Neck:Mahogany Set-Neck
Fingerboar:Rosewood
Bridge:Gotoh, Japan
Tailpiece:Gotoh, Japan
Machineheads:Gotoho, Japan
Pickups: Gotoh, Japan
Controls:2v, 2T
Color:CS(Cherry Sunburst)
Place of Origin:Hamamatsu,
Japan

LS85Q
Body : quilted maple laminated:rock maple top/Mahogany 2pc back.
Neck : Mahogany set neck.
Fingerboard : Rosewood.
Pickups/PAF-Vintage MK1
Finish/Polyurethane
Color/Cherry_sunburst/Violin_finish/Oak/Heritage_dark_cherry
Other/Pick-guard is included.
A case is not included.
Made in Japan.
Price/List price 85,000yen >>> your price \call

I know the body design is different for the USA market.
But otherwise arent they the same guitar?
ls85qdhc05.jpg

nls75q-cs.JPG

Kent

Well, the (now) LS75 is still called the LS65 at my local so maybe we haven't caught up with the Japanese inflation models and shifted the old stock yet. We still get the LS75F and LS85Q too.

Seems **** silly to link your models to their list price. In a few years that would get very confusing. :roll:

Latest posts

Back