New arrival :)

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA

Reaction score
With a big smile on my face just taken delivery of my latest axe! A Les Paul Reborn LS120 mmmmmmm :D :D :D :D :D :D

tokai1.jpg

Thats nice John :wink: just what i would have bought stunning.Congrats

From forum member cryptozoo, condition is almost too good to be true!!

Tone - It's sat on my desk at work in it's case, I'll tell you later on tonight :wink:

Just had my first hour playing my new beauty and can report it plays and sounds as good as it looks!! I was banking on changing the stock dimarzios, but I'm going to live with them for a while, they sound great!

The neck is fatter than either of my LS80's and an absolute dream to play. I think the previous owner(s) have been afraid to play it the frets are like new!!

The big decision now is I need to sell something to help pay for the LS120 :( , and I love all my guitars!! Still suppose the sacrifice will be worth it :D

Hi John! Could you please just go away? And take her with you? :D

You are too far away to drool on her.

Btw: email me on LS80s! Your Seths found a good home in my LS80, and she is a bit lonesome between all the 3-digits.

Cheers! Rup

I'll post some detailed pics in a day or two. I've only had the guitar for a day and love it! I'll take back what I said about the Dimarzios though, after a side-by-side comparison with a few other guitars they are very brittle sounding, especially on the E & B strings. The guitar is to play, not just look at so I'll be looking for some new pickups for her in the near future.

The neck is great! quite a handful compared to my LS80, and even bigger than the Greco EGF850 that I had, but it feels very nice indeed!

John ...

Congrats on your purchase ... a real nice score ... :lol: :lol:

I've had the DiMarzios in my LS150 ... do yours also compress very early ???

... and - if you'd consider these ones - I have a set of calibrated BK Mules for sale (with aged covers) ... give me a PM if you're interested ...
Otherwise they'll go to the bay ... 8)

tudor said:
John ...

Congrats on your purchase ... a real nice score ... :lol: :lol:

I've had the DiMarzios in my LS150 ... do yours also compress very early ???

... and - if you'd consider these ones - I have a set of calibrated BK Mules for sale (with aged covers) ... give me a PM if you're interested ...
Otherwise they'll go to the bay ... 8)

PM sent - The Dimarzios are very bright, and the string balance is awful, the E & B strings seem far louder and brighter than the others.

I have a Greco PU-2 in the neck position now and that sounds great, I have some Voodoos in my LS80, but they sound so good in there I want to leave them!

Latest posts

Back