• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Old goto PAF from a Tokai - on e-bay

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hackenfort

Reaction score
Here is the link & pic's
paf1.jpg

paf2.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170200946164&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007

Hi out there! Are those MK1? I've never seen the hex on both rows before on early Gotohs.

Cheers! Rup

Hi Mick!

Spot on. But the DiM SDs only hat one row of hex. Just got a pair out from my 79 LS80. That's why I knew. :D

Cheers! Rup

Anybody out here who's seen PAFs with double-hex? I am getting really curious now....

8)

rgrafend said:
Anybody out here who's seen PAFs with double-hex? I am getting really curious now....

8)

My '78 LS60 has that same pickup in the neck position.

It has a DiMarzio in the bridge that is slightly different.

When I can find the pics, I will post 'em up.

edit. no need, thanks MIJ

It was pulled from a 1980 if I remember correctly. The lead is short, this pickup was in the brige position of a Gibson SG for the last few years with an extention added to the lead, I removed the extention when I pulled it out of the SG.

Thanks

kevin

I see there are GOTO copper bottom and plated bottom from pics showed and my own experience(I tested both). MIJ shows plated being put in a 1981 Tokai whereas rgrafend shows a copper in a 1980.....so would a copper GOTO 1978-1980 made and plated 1981 made(I guess after 1981 Tokai put '57 PAF in LS-80s).What do you think guys?

Would it be possible you owners meassuring resistance in your GOTO pickups? I measure 8,30 and 8,35 K on neck&bridge Goto(no covers) placed in a '79 Reborn LS-80(plated bottom).

Back