It's Back; Let's See Who's Gonna Pounce........

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIJvintage said:
People like eBay member coolcat540 are nothing more & nothing less than bottom feeding game players that have nothing better to do than to f*(% with other people.

Might be time to pick up your AK-47 and go sort him out, mate.

MIJvintage said:
The seller obviously doesn't know how eBay, or selling works, and he obviously doesn't know if he wants to sh*$ or to get off the pot......................

I'm glad you're here to teach us all how eBay works and how a true man of honour conducts himself when selling treasures on the internet. Keep fighting the good fight.

JohnA said:
Go easy on him! He has the right to change his mind, especially if it's obvious he's not going to get as much as he wants for the guitar. I know it's not nice when you think you are going to get a bargain and the auction is pulled early, but it's the sellers guitar and he can do what he wants with it.

Of course any seller has the right to 'change' their mind.

As fas as what the seller could have potentially received for the item, I informed the seller the exact amount I was prepared to offer, contingent upon receiving the information I requested concerning the item.

I in no way, shape, or form believed I would be getting a bargain, particularlly at the price I was offering.
I have paid a lot less than many others for certain guitars, and conversely I have paid much more than many others are likely willing to pay for other guitars. For me, that's just business.

As I stated earlier, "For myself, and I can ONLY speak for myself, I am a buyer, a seller, a collector, and a player, period."
One thing that means is that when I decide to place an item for bidding, I have decided to do just that, and not to play games with other people.

I really do not need another guitar; I need one like I need a hole in my head, lol but I won't be dealing with this particular seller because he has proven himself to be unreliable.
That's OK too :wink:

On a different note; have any of the more tenured members here noticed a NEW & recent stench about?

MIJvintage said:
On a different note; have any of the more tenured members here noticed a NEW & recent stench about?

No, & I don't know what you mean by that, but I do worry about your blood pressure. :-? Take it easy mate, it's not worth getting so worked up about.

Mike

stratman323 said:
MIJvintage said:

No, & I don't know what you mean by that, but I do worry about your blood pressure. :-? Take it easy mate, it's not worth getting so worked up about.

Mike

lol, you're the second one here feigning concern for my health in as many days

If I need medical attention, I'll seek it

must be something in the water over there, huh....................

JohnA said:
Go easy on him! He has the right to change his mind, especially if it's obvious he's not going to get as much as he wants for the guitar. I know it's not nice when you think you are going to get a bargain and the auction is pulled early, but it's the sellers guitar and he can do what he wants with it.

The guy is flakey. I know of someone else that was communicating with him via email and what Rich is saying is true. He has the right to change his mind but he is doing it too often. "I'm selling, now I'm not selling, ok I might be selling, ummm well maybe I'll do a BIN or I might just keep it" :roll:

This is at least the second time he has put it on Ebay and this time he stated that he would let the auction run. He just needs to make up his mind and quit playing games. I wasn't even going to bid on it and it pisses me off.

There was a blue Goldstar I liked that has now been pulled for the second time - apparently it has been "lost or stolen". :lol: But life goes on - all I was saying was that there is no need to get all stressed about it. And in reply, I got sarcasm. :eek:

Great....

stratman323 said:
all I was saying was that there is no need to get all stressed about it. And in reply, I got sarcasm. :eek:

It's not easy to bring some humor and fun to the discussion! Things get very serious very quick when we are talking about immensely stressful guitar transactions.

Smokin' Tone said:
The guy is flakey. I know of someone else that was communicating with him via email and what Rich is saying is true. He has the right to change his mind but he is doing it too often. "I'm selling, now I'm not selling, ok I might be selling, ummm well maybe I'll do a BIN or I might just keep it" :roll:

This is at least the second time he has put it on Ebay and this time he stated that he would let the auction run. He just needs to make up his mind and quit playing games. I wasn't even going to bid on it and it pisses me off.

I have to agree with Smokin here and with MIJ also. The seller IS a flake and a time waster. It appears to me that he is doing nothing but running auctions and ending them early on this Greco to get some sort of market appraisal on the value of his guitar. And he is using potential buyers to get that value appraisal. What a silly game. If he wants $1500 set the reserve there and set the BIN to the same. Simple.

Latest posts

Back