Can anybody help??

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nastyboybrown

Reaction score
Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help me.

Recently I bought a Tokai Les Paul Custom in Ivory White from my local guitar shop (which is an alladins cave). He said he had had it upstairs in his stock room for about 2 years or so and was brand new still boxed when i bought it about 2 weeks ago. He said he bought it from the tokai rep who visits his shop (or used to). The problem I'm having is that the guitar does not have a serial number on it anywhere!!!! it only has 'made in korea' on the back. it has one of those extended tenon joints on the top of the neck also, it plays really nice and sounds great etc, but i'm completely flumoxed as to what model it is. even the tokai box it came in didnt have anything on it apart from tokai guitars.

So if anyone could please help me decifer this mystery and shed some light onto which model this is I would be greatly appreciate it as I would like to know if the ?400 I paid for it was good or a complete rip off.

cheers

David

Usual reply I'm afraid - post some pics, and somebody will know something about it. Without pics, we're all in the dark.

I can tell you that Korean Love Rocks didn't have serial numbers, so that shouldn't be anything to worry about. The ordinary Korean LS48s (LP Standard copies, basically) were on sale last year at around ?300 (they're made in China now). I don't know anything about the Customs or what they sold for, but I'm sure someone will when they see what it looks like.

Mike

DSCF2379.jpg
DSCF2378.jpg
DSCF2377.jpg
DSCF2376.jpg
DSCF2375.jpg

Yeah, reckon it's an LC53.

They used to be around ?329 ish, but the market being what it is the price has come down now. A new Chinese version can be had for c?300. Think the official RRP now is something like ?385.

No Korean stuff has been made in ages so the story about it being sat in his stock room for a couple of years is about right. And the above poster is absolutely correct - no serial numbers on the Korean stuff so don't sweat that.

Latest posts

Back