Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is making Fernandes Strats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnA
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Who is making Fernandes Strats Reply with quote

From the information I can find Fernandes strats were manufactured by Tokai in the early '80's, are they still?

I have a recent (2005) rst95 Revival and it seems to be of better build quality then the Tokai built CIJ Fenders.

If anyone has any onfo on Fernandes Maunfacuring, or Fernandes in general it would be much appreciated.
stratman323

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently got a 1980s Fernandes The Revival Strat from eBay. It feels to me very similar to my 1984/5 ST55 Goldstar - very similar feel to the neck. The hardware (pickups, switch etc) isn't quite as good as the Tokai, though I believe that there were different quality levels, same as with Tokais. though I can't find any reliable info on this.

I'm surprised there isn't more interest on this forum in the Fernandes Strats & Teles - they are so similar to Tokais. Mind you, it does sometimes feel like this is the Les Paul forum......

Mike
f5joe
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to learn about the early MIJ Fender clones. This CAR is a gorgeous Fernandes.

Personally, I welcome info on all the brands. This place is wide open compared to the LPF ........ and I'm a member there. It is quite narrow in focus.
stratman323

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is, I know what you mean. What I meant is that it often seems that most of the discussion on here is about Les Paul clones.

I remember that somebody did suggest (ages ago) that there should be a separate Fernandes section, but nothing happened.
f5joe
Guitar God

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stratman323, I agree. That would be a welcomed addition.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Tokai Forum - a subsidiary of TokaiRegistry.com Forum Index -> Burny/ Fernandes All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: