My Collection of MIK tokai - new here *HI*

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian Tokai

Reaction score
Hey Everyone i am new here, dont see alot of canadians on this board. figured id say hello and post a couple pics of the tokais i have SO FAR

On the left the Mysterious "made for canada" DH-502 ES style tokai

in the middle a NALS60..

on the Right my newest an NALS48GT

tokais.jpg

tokaisclose.jpg

I apologize in advance for the massive flame war your post is about to bring forth :(
On the left the Mysterious "made for canada" DH-502 ES style tokai
in the middle a NALS60..
The DH-502 has already been identified as NOT a Tokai....made in a different factory(Dillion I believe) without Tokai's knowledge I'm afraid.
So it's closer to a Dillion than a Tokai..as denoted by the "DH" prefix in the serial
The same goes for the NALS60
:(
These guitars were built by a Korean contractor for the former(corrupt) Canadian distributor and were never Authorized by Tokai. :cry:
A shame coz they look attractive and all...at least you have ONE legit Tokai :D
Like I said...brace your self for the onslaught :roll:
But welcome anyway :D
Oh..and P.S:
Please try not to take some of the stuff that will be said about you're guitars too personal...and I would hope that in commenting on the guitars certain forum members remain civil to our new members.
They were duped by a criminal and thought they were purchasing the real deal.
It's not nice to find out that the Tokai you thought you bought in good faith turned out to be fake :(

WTH is a "Burlington Tokai"?

As the owner described it...
It's an NALS60... built for the Canadian market only by the disgraced former Tokai distributor.
Built in one of a dozen various Factories in Korea by a contractor who has no connection to Tokai.
So the only thing that connects the guitar to Tokai is the spelling on the headstock I'm afraid...sad...coz it looks lovely IMO :eek:

I know the DH-502 is a Dillion or a who knows what from china hence why i only paid $121 for it new. it is easily wrong to be a tokai. font on headstock is wrong as well as a plasticy nut and the lack of any tokai markings or serial number.

the Gold top and the NALS60 are both 100% identicle to each other. i know the gold top is official tokai.

I am still undeicded on the NALS60 as it is everything exactly like my Goldtop, both have canadian maple neck(grain and width match almsot to a T) the tokai skript matches too if they are indeed fake then good on them as its a PERFECT fake.

either way Fake or real 3 fanatastic feeling and playing guitars (i actually prefer the Flame top to the Gold top for overall feel and tone.)

if you guys want any pics of it from any peticular angles ill get some for you guys.

Yes there was quite a discusion about what are now known as the "Fakais". :) Regardless, you do have a nice looking collection. As you can see in my profile I'm from Toronto. Welcome to the forum.

You hit the nail on the head Oze... :wink: In saying that i have read a few reviews on these guitars now and they seem to be pretty well made... :)
So if you have picked them up cheap then good luck too you.

Mick

Hey Canadian Tokai,
Nice moniker, and welcome to the forum! There are a few of us Canadians around here. My two cents on the Dillon/Tokais is you get what you pay for--as long as you don't pay a lot--and as long as some jerk on ebay isn't trying to pretend it was made in Japan, or even Korea. You get what you pay for with the Korean models, except you usually pay a bit more.

To me where Tokais get interesting is in the Japanese models--these are for the most part seriously good guitars that are usually at least as good and often better than the guitars they are copying, still for a fraction of the price of the originals. Also, in my experience, the quality control has been so good on the Japanese models that buying one online you stand a much better than average chance of getting a "good one" because they were almost all good coming out of the factory. In my experience, with Japanese Tokais you often get more guitar than what you paid for.

Your guitars look nice--and as with most musical instruments, it's what you do with them that's important. If you get a chance though--try a Japanese Tokai--you may find yourself hooked!

WTH is a "Burlington Tokai"?

I presume that's a reference to the beautiful (cough) city of Burlington, located between Toronto and Hamilton in Southern Ontario. Were there a few dodgy "Made in Canada" "Tokai's" that came from there?

Tokai Factory in Burlington:
christensen_stelco.jpg

not... :lol:
________
LINCOLN MKX

Back