tokai sg-60

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peacock72

Reaction score
Anyone own or ever play one of the older 80's SG-60's? They seem to be pretty affordable. Does the "equal or better than Gibson quality" apply to these guitars as well? Thanks.

I've played the new SG's at NAMM. Pretty sweet guitars.

For the price you can't beat'um. Much better than a Epi and **** close to a Gibson for about 1/3 of the price.

Ned

:p I have both an 80's Japanese SG and a Korean replica and both are awesome! The Japanese is a classic 61' in the red mahogany and very Gibson like...I have A/B'd it was a "Real" 61' and it is dead on. The Korean is not far off ! I find the Korean to have a brighter tone. It is my Clapton/Crossroads/Womantone machine. I bought it from Mikes Music 2 years ago and it's now in Vegas being painted like Claptons from back in the Cream days I cant wait!! 8) TG

Although not an 80s model, I purchased one new in 2002. It is probably better that most of the Gibson SG 61 reissues that I tried in dealers in the UK and approx half price. An all round excellent axe.

Bobw

Back