• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai's for Sale.....

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Here's a link to a Love Rock for sale. It's gorgeous, but comes at a dear price. I can't believe that these are selling for this price..even with this much flame..comments?
http://www.gbase.com/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=232588

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Chad']

Here's a link to a Love Rock for sale. It's gorgeous, but comes at a dear price. I can't believe that these are selling for this price..even with this much flame..comments?
http://www.gbase.com/guitar_picture.asp?guitar=232588

Holy Overpriced Guitars Batman!!!

That guy is nuts - $2 grand for a 70s LP Deluxe that has been routed on? Dude, pass the J this way man. cause he's obviously smokin' something.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Ned']

Holy Overpriced Guitars Batman!!!

That guy is nuts - $2 grand for a 70s LP Deluxe that has been routed on? Dude, pass the J this way man. cause he's obviously smokin' something.

Well Guys..
I have scored yet another Love Rock. This means I am one over my limit. So, my other one is for sale. If you know of anyone looking..email me at [email protected] for info. It's the one I have listed in the registry. LS=50 model..cherry sunburst. I'll be giving details about my new "find" soon.

Here's a new LS 70. Identical to mine except in vintage sunburst rather than cherry sunburst. In fact there are some excellent pictures here of this guitar. Note the half-elipse TR cover with 2 screws.
http://home.beseen.com/retail/arkir/USA.htm

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Rob McMurray']

Here's another site with old and new Tokai's. http://www.joesvintageguitars.com

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Rob McMurray']

Tokai st50?? this guitar is identical to the fender usa'57 strat vintage reissue,3 tone sunburst,maple neck,oldies but goldies motif on headstock,tweed case,amazing condition,anyone with any info on or interested in buying this guitar please contact me at the email address below.
[email protected]

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Billy Gaffney']

Wanted a Tokai "Love Rock" Gold Top with humbuckers.
Will also consider a sunburst model with a center seam maple top.
[email protected]

[Anonymously Posted by: 'robert holland']

Just wanted to say I have 15 Gold Top Love Rocks with P90's coming as soon as Friday March 9. They are 2001 LE's...made in Korea but with Japanese specs. High quality and mahogany body and neck made specially for my store. Let me know if you would like one. These are the last shipment of the 2001's. The sample I was sent is amazing. I am letting them go at a VERY fair price...$550 shipped. Add $50 for a case.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Mike Palermo']

Also check the Guitar Universe link on the site. GS Universe has some very nice looking Gold Tops that are custom made. I would grab one myself but the US Dollar/Yen exchange isn't on my side.

I just purchased a LS-70Vf from Yoshi at Guitar Universe. What a joy it was to deal with Yoshi! A true gentleman. Like night and day compared with Mike Palermo, everyone knows what a rip off he is. I see he's selling his cheaper now. The LS-70VF from Japan was $510. plus shipping! The shipping is expensive but the cost is low compared to the Korean stuff from Canada.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Richard']

Hi Richard,
How does the LS-70 compare to 'Limited Edition' as regards playability, sound, etc..$510 seems like a great price. LS-70 are now being sold in the U.K. at roughly £789 ($1100 approx)
Thanks
Tom (Ireland)

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Tom McGrath']

Junk. I can't believe you guys spend your money on this crap. What do YOU want, a diamond or a rhinestone? Even a good rhinestone is still just that. You guys are deluding yourselves, and of course, you'll get ALL your money back whenever you decide to sell. Losers!

We have new TOKAI Love Rock´s and others in stock.
HeartRock Guitars / Germany

[Anonymously Posted by: 'HeartRock Guitars']

Answer to Anonymus.
Yes, I will get more than twice what I paid for my japanese Love Rock, but a used Fender or Gibson from the same era (80's) will probably cost a lot less than it did new. The Love Rock was quite expensive for a replica back in the 80's but it was worth every penny. I tried a few new Gibson's recently but I can't say I was impressed, I bought a couple of used Tokai's instead...:smile:

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Mike']

ihave a mint butterscotch 52 tokai tele with a real bakerlite black s/plate for sale or trade!this geetar even has the tone pot slightly different shape to the volume like the original!it's serial number is 221153 can anyone date it for me? cheers mac

[Anonymously Posted by: 'peter mc dermott']

Ah , Mr Anonymous , do I detect a Troll in our midst? This site has been set up 'cos people like me bought a Tokai , and then kept it. I bought mine 'cos it was the best guitar in the shop , simple. All I knew about the company in '85 was they made replica Strats in Japan like Fernandes etc - no hype or ******** , it was just the best guitar I'd found. No problem with resale value 'cos I'm not going to sell it.
Regards etc.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'john matthews']

Tom Mc

Check out:
www.tokai-guitars.co.uk

This has a list of distributers / outlets in the UK, dont know whether anyone is set up for Ireland. Average price over here for a new LoveRock is about £750.

As for Anon. My LoveRock Custom plays better and sounds better than my Gibson LP, thats why I bought it!

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Skybone']

Latest posts

Back