Problem with my Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dejvo

Reaction score
Hi guys !

I?m new here, so hi to everyone ! 8)

I have a problem with my Tokai guitar.

I bought this guitar approx two years ago as a second-hand. I thought is model ALS37, but my guitar have a set neck, mahagony body with maple top and I have dot inlays on rosewood fingerboard. So now I?m out of mind.

It?s possible to be some rarity or special model ? Or it?s LS60 model ? Or another ?

I have wrecked headstock, I try to reapir it, but I did it bad :-? ... I want new finish, repair it...
Serial number is (I?m not sure to 100%): 209838

If someone could help me with my problem I will be very funny. Just write here or to my email: [email protected]

Thanks a lot guys!

Dejvo.

Hi, so hera is a picture of guitar... I just have only this pic, couse I don?t have now digital camera...

Thanks.

Dejvo.

tokailespaulals37nn0.jpg

So I put photo here, I know...it?s not much good, but only I have now... :-?

So no one could help me ? I?m worry about idetification of my Tokai, wich model could be ? ALS37, LS60, other ?

I read something on net, I just try to find more information, and I think is ALS 37, but primary for japan market or for canadaian market...

I?m confused...

Dejvo.

Right, and to confirm this, those tune O matic and stop bar look really strange...

The case might cost more than the guitare. :-?

The tune-o-matic and stopbar is new from Gotoh...I replace old.

My friend from UK think it?s LS60 made in Korea, which was expand to Canadian market, he sew some stock in e-shop.

I found some articles about 6 digits serial number of new (last 90?s) Tokai made in Korea.

Dejvo.

Yep...it's a canadian Limbo-kai.
NOT a Tokai...but made in the same factory as the official MiK Tokai.
If you ever try to sell it you have to sell it as "MADE IN THE SAME KOREAN FACTORY AS TOKAI".

Ozeshin said:
.. made in the same factory as the official MiK Tokai.

Ozeshin, do you have any support for that statement? Just curious. Other posts have said that AMP used a different contractor.

So now I really don?t know.

I know one thing, it?s made in Korea, serial no. 209838, and it?s made for Canadian market I see some photos on net of other guitar like mine...

Before wrecked of headstock on head was Tokai. And on rear side of headstock was Made in Korea.

So, if it?s Tokai it?s ok, if no, it?s ok too, cause guitar play excellent.

Dejvo.

Ozeshin said:
If you ever try to sell it you have to sell it as "MADE IN THE SAME KOREAN FACTORY AS TOKAI".

Waht mean: Limbo-kai ?

Dejvo said:
Ozeshin said:

Waht mean: Limbo-kai ?

Difficult when English isn't a first language! Limbo is a state where something is neither in one place or another.

"Limbo-kai" is Ozeshin's way of saying it's not really a Tokai but very nearly is! It's an un-official Tokai, made at the same factory but not under license from Tokai.

JohnA said:
... made at the same factory but not under license from Tokai.

John, do you have any support for "made at the same factory"? I'm still trying to piece together exactly what AMP was doing 2004 - 2005 before they were terminated by Tokai.

Sorry, just repeating what was already said, I'm no expert, just trying to clear up Ozeshin's English :D

Not made in the same factory guys, too many things are different , and the company that commissioned these guitars have "apparently" done this before
"THIS GUITAR IS A FAKE...
As i said in another thread, these guitars are supposed to be reasonably made and are not to bad, found a review for these on another site.. :wink:

Mick

So that REALLY sux for the poor bastards that have bought them.
They own something "resembling" a Tokai but the only connection to Tokai is the fact that the thieving ex-distributor used to legitimately import Tokai...but then got sneaky and greedy :evil: :evil: :evil:
That's actually WORSE than the Chinese knock off's coz AMP KNEW what they were doing was at best wrong and at worse criminal :evil:

Latest posts

Back