My Tokai st70 strange bridge

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theriffjunkie

Reaction score
Hi here is my new(ish) purchase been told its a st70..... i need some info on the bridge as i have never seen one like it on a tokai... someone in the know told me they have seen one in the vintage tokai catalogue on a tst54mrr but i have no pics form this to confirm it to myself, just his word....... the guitar sounds great but needs a bit of a set up and i have changed 1 saddle and the pickguard was changed by the previous owner to a gravtech...what do you guys reckon?

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r265/hocumgday/

Looks like a stock bridge with after market saddles to me...is there any writing on the saddles?
If they WERE stock Tokai they would have writing on them.

there's nothing wrote on them at all but it just bugs me that my friend says he's seen them in this catalogue and he's absolutely confident that these were the same...
i'm suspecting that your right about them being added (like the decal....why oh why do people do that?) thanks for your time and advice Ozeshin i appreciate it

Np...you did exactly the right thing and posted a question WITH PICS...that will ALWAYS get you a reply :D

hi! Your pic is not very high-res. Graph-tec? VERY good saddles....

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_non-trem_bridge_parts/Graph_Tech_Strat_Style_Saddles.html

Hi guys,

The saddles look to be mid -90's Fender or something aftermarket- they certainly are not the original saddles for a Goldstar. They could be from a MAT or SD model late-80's model.
The pickups seem to be the only real Tokai parts that are visible from the photos and would have been used on TST-70 Goldstar models.
('E' were used on ST-70 Springys )
With the Fender decal - it is for a rosewood fingerboard Strat - not a maple neck as I am quite sure maple neck pre-59 did not have patent numbers on them.

regards
Peter Mac

Latest posts

Back