Hondo II Professional

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdxbmw

Reaction score
I have a black strat copy. The body appears to be alder, with a one piece maple neck with the skunk stripe. It noticed in the neck pick up route that it was stamped 8=5 BB and 9=6 H on the bottom of the neck. Can anyone tell me what this means? The serial number is #0014046. I think that it was Tokai made. Any info would be great.

pdxbmw said:
I have a black strat copy. The body appears to be alder, with a one piece maple neck with the skunk stripe. It noticed in the neck pick up route that it was stamped 8=5 BB and 9=6 H on the bottom of the neck. Can anyone tell me what this means? The serial number is #0014046. I think that it was Tokai made. Any info would be great.

Tokai made the Hondo professional strats, the stamps are definitely Tokai. BB is the color code for black. If the serial number is the same as used on the Tokais it was made in 1980. This type of 7-digit serial number was used on the Tokai strats until 1981. If I remeber correctly the headstock shape is the same as used on the Tokai MAT strats from the mid 80's:

http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/vol12p7.jpg

Micke

Back