Can we keep him? Huh?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tone is subjective ?? I don't know is it?

Is EVH's tone subjective ? I don't think so, I think most guitarists can recognise good tone and as such the difference between good and bad tone it is quantifiable. The fact that the tone is very complex and not easy to recreate is why we have the problems not because it is subjective.

Which brings me to an interesting thought (well for me anyway - anorak :roll: ) does anyone think that using these new modelling techniques a person will be able to forge their own identity and tone in the way that EVH or SRV have?

Since modelling is purely backwards looking how do we use this stuff to go forwards?

GB

aye

and there's also the inverse which is that most programmers aren't musicians. How do you tell someone who can't hear the subtleties about good tone?

One of my favourite tones that I've never head modelled is Paul kossof's amp wound up so much that although clean the cab resonates with his vibrato - pure tonal heaven.

anorak zipped up and fully functional
:D
GB

Latest posts

Back